new nordic owner >

new nordic owner

Notices

new nordic owner

Old 03-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bounced: Gave up skiing myself a long time ago after a bad crash. But will take anyone willing to go. My Nordic has the Bravo 1 and thats what they use for the 496 Mag. Numb is right on the Bravo 1x for the HO.

Numb: I have been emailing my dealer and am about to in the next few weeks pull her out of storage. He says the first year its real important to keep moisture and condensation to a minimum. Has this been a factor your first year? Bummer about the drought possible again. External steering needed for the HO? Any other tips you can advise let me know. Thanks
Old 03-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Registered

I haven't heard or dealt with moisture or condnsation issues with the boat. I keep it stored indoors so it is not exposed to bad weather. Double check when you have your aqua step mounted. Mine is a little to close to the exhaust tip. The rubber flapper on the tip kept hanging up on the frame of the aqua step. I trimed a portion of the rubber so that the flapper would flop back down at idle. I think the newer models have the exhaust outlets in a different location though.

I want to do an external steering add on system if I decide to add a supercharger. Everything I read indicates that at 70 + mph this provides an extra margin of safety if you have a mechanical failure in your stock steering system. But like I said, if our lakes end up low again this year I'm not going to spend the money.

Loading the boat on the trailer is a little different. My old boat I just floated it onto the trailer, hooked on the winch and tightened it down and pulled up the ramp. The Nordic is a little different. If your trailer is deep enough to float the boat all the way to the bow stop and attach the winch strap, and then pull it up the ramp you'll end up with about 6 inches of play between your bow stop and the hull of the boat. I back the trailer in far enough for my wife to float it on till it stops about a foot short of the bow stop. I attach the winch strap, she then powers the boat the last foot up the trailer and I snug it down and then pull up the ramp. Took a few tries to get it right. Of course, could be just the angle of the particular ramp at the lake I go to.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm gonna mount port side for the swim ladder. My guess is the 2004 models, at least as far as mine, have the exhaust exiting thru the swim pad (?) supports and not the standard position. Not sure what you call it. Wont be a factor with the flaps.

I really hope for your sake you have the water levels needed for you to do what you want. Good luck with that !!!

My old boat had guides, which are ugly but convenient, drove it on to within 2 feet of the stop.This trailer, (made by Nordic)does not have the guides, and is a stepped hull, and have not had the chance to deal with it yet. So, dont know what to expect. Only one way to find out. Thanks for your input.