Notices

Indy

Old 01-10-2004, 11:58 AM
JKK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy

I was looking at your pictures, what exactly did you have to do and why in the Nordic project section.

Thanks

JKK
Old 01-10-2004, 02:08 PM
JKK
Registered

the why is because the boat looks new

JKK
Old 01-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

JKK. Mostly personal preference. The first was that Nordic installs the bolsters too far away from the helm (at least they used to) for comfortable throttling. I didn't have the boat in a lake environment so my hand was always on the throttle. I moved up the bolsters three inches and it felt much better. I also had Gaffrig reverse the cant on the throttle/shifter for better postioning. I through bolted the bolsters which wasn't done at the factory.

The second was that I have no love of carpet in a boat. It doesn't belong there as far as I'm concerned unless it is the snap down type. My boat was pre fiberglass liner and it was glue down all the way into the engine compartment. Carpet in the engine compartment is mind boggling. I installed a non-slip floor in the cockpit and diamond plate in the engine compartment. The cockpit and engine compartment floors now clean up nicely and look better IMHO.

I am very fussy with my toys, and I was very diligent with the carpet cleaning the first year we had it. When I pulled it out, a ton of "stuff" fell out of the carpet, which just reaffirmed my belief that carpet belongs in a house, not a boat.

In regards to the newness of the boat, yes I had reservations about gutting a one year old boat, but I also had the opportunity to improve some other areas at the same time. The finished product was well worth the effort.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:33 PM
JKK
Registered

Cool, As fiberglass liners go, I can tell you that a 2001 35 does not have one.....Trust me on that, per the stripped one at the auction.

JKK