25 vs 28 Qs

Notices

25 vs 28 Qs

Old 08-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 vs 28 Qs

Well, I'm considering either a 25 Rage or a 28 Heat and have some easy questions for the current owners out there. How much space is there between the front and back seats? 1ft? 2ft? How much more freeboard is there betwen a 25 and 28? I'd think there'd be a bit seeing that the 28 has drop down bolsters and the 25 doesn't. Any other advice, knowledge or plain b.s. is appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
Old 08-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 25 vs 28 Qs

Freeboard is close to the same.
Room behind the seat is better in the 28. Like you mentioned, the bolsters help this situation.
Overall the 28 seems much bigger than the 25; especially in the cabin, cockpit depth and looking over the nose.
We have two of them side by side just about every weekend
Old 08-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

What type of water are you running in?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Registered

The 28 has more of everything, room, free board, amenities ( sink / shower / cabin space / drop down bolstered seats / SS grab bars ) and so on. You also pay for all those extras and they add weight so you add more power and the numbers grow. For rough water and light touring the 28 gets the vote. For all around fun, agility, acceleration and awesome skiing and value per running foot, the 25 is the way to go. It can also do well in the rough stuff but not as well as the 28. I am the East Coast dealer for Nordic Powerboats and consult customer purchases on a daily basis. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me at any time or call us at 631-724-8707. My name is Paul. Either boat is awesome. A very well made product that is well supported by the MFG and the dealer. Good luck on your choice. Call us if you need help.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the great input. I typically run the Finger Lakes which can be anywhere from glass to 4+ footers. Both are fantastic models, just have to decide how much $$$ I'm willing to spend! The extra room and rough water capability of the 28 are VERY attractive. Any other advice/warnings/b.s. is welcome!

Thanks again!
Brian