Notices

What's up in Nordic land?

Old 10-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What's up in Nordic land?

Hey Steve,
Welcome to the Nordic group!!
I wonder if your boat was originally intended for another Steve here on the forum when it was in the mold. Did it come from Ohio originally?
The intercooler may allow you to run more boost and make more power but probably not do too much by itself. It definitely cools the air charge, which in turn helps keep detonation in line. All good things for sure.
I’ve never had an air supply issue with mine; at least that I know of. Maybe yours if different but mine’s a 2001 also. The side gunnels are both open to fresh air where your wiring and steering hoses go through. Along with the vents in the back there should be plenty of air for your motor. The intake to my M3 Procharger is only 3.5” in diameter so with those in addition to the ones in the back there’s plenty of inlet area for my setup. (850 hp and low 90’s) I don’t think I’ll be cracking the hatch at that speed to test it out though
Dave
Old 10-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Steve, know your boat well. First and second owners ran it on Lake Cumberland. Great graphics. When your ready to move up to the 35 let me know.

Heard the intercooler really wakes up the 575.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Sounds like that was my original hull...they got the colors reversed at the factory and built me a new one. This one was sold originally to an owner in Cincinatti OH.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,
Thanks for the information all. 850 HP to get to 90+...that's what I calculated. What are your motor specs? I'm debating on whether to continue building up the 575, or just build/buy a tall deck from scratch? I think some cubes (540" to 572") would help get there. I priced the Chevy 572"/620HP at my local dealer for 13,500. It still needs to be dressed from there, but looks like a good foundation to build from. Eliminator dropped 2 of them in a 28' Daytona, and it's fast (should be) and reliable.
This boat was sold by Lake Cumberland to a guy in Cincinnati. Seems to have been used very little, and well maintained. I really like the cabin space for a 28'. My best friend has a 29' Fountain (same motor and mods runs 88!? GPS)
and he can't believe how much bigger my cabin is.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the looks, ride, and performance of the boat.
Regards,
Steve
Old 10-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone talking to Dustin Whipple about the 575 intercoolers. He has a package that includes the intercooler, smaller pulley and reprogram. He says it will add about 100 HP and retails for $3295. I can sell it to you at a good price. Glad to hear the numbers on your boat. I have a 28 midcabin with a N/A 555. It runs mid 70's.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey SteveZ,
My specs are: 548c.i., 8.5:1CR, Valako/Canfield heads, Crane 741 cam, CMI, multi port injected, M3 ProCharger (intercooled) running 7 lbs of boost through an XR drive setup by Max Machine Worx and a 29 pitch Hydromotive P5-X at 5600-5700.
Your 575sci would bring you some big $$$ as is. I would not touch it!! In all likelihood you could sell it very easy and fund a new, more powerfull motor.
Talk with bobl (Full Throttle Marine) on this thread about a new motor.
Yes, the more boats I look at I realize just how large the Nordic cabins are!! They are as large as any 30-32 footer cabins I’ve looked at. The Flame’s is just that much bigger!
Dave
Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
Sounds like a really solid motor you've built there. Thanks for the specs.
Bobl, I already have the AZ Speed and Marine boost kit which is 6 PSI blower pulley, reprogrammed ECU, low temp (126o) thermostat and MSD 6M spark box. How much for just the intercooler, since I already have the rest of the package?
How much for a 850/900 HP EFI blower motor (Whipple preferably so I can fit it beneath the hatch)? Interested in a trade for a 575 Merc (freshened up this summer: rings/bearings/gaskets/etc)?
Has anybody tried the Merc Maximus 5 blade on the Heat or other Nordics? I think I'll order one and see what it does.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 10-15-2004 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve, the intercooler alone retails for $2695. As far as an 850HP EFI engine goes, it would run around $25-28K depending on exactly what existing parts we used off the 575. You should be able to sell the 575 pretty easy if it's priced right. I don't think I could offer you near what it would be worth on a trade though. I bet you could sell it on here pretty quick. I think you would definitely come out better building a complete new engine and selling the 575. Give me a call or email if you'd like to talk more about it.

I can also sell you a Maximus prop at a good price.

Bob
830 6935591
Old 10-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Registered

bobl,

Haven't had much luck with the Maximus props. Have a 35 Nordic with 525's tried 30 labbed Maximus props and 28's lost top end big time. The 30's were simply to big, could only spin 4800 RPM's the 28's hit 5200 but still lost 5 MPH. Currently running 32 Bravo's on limiters @ 91.

The 28's are 15 5/8 diameter. Any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dwane
Nordic Gary, missed you on Sunday @ Alum Creek. There where alot of fast boats.
Dwane, something came up at the last minute, sorry I missed it sounds like a big turnout.

I heard you bought Teague drives, did they hurt your top end at all? What's up with the Nor-Tech Avatar???

Last edited by 39 Unlimited; 10-18-2004 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: What's up in Nordic land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.