Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Sweet art hoping to hear from you hope all go well nice grab on the X Drive
STITCHES OUT AT 930,I'll call yah, art
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

The motor was put together in 1998 by JB MArine and Automotive. The carbs are 750 Mech. Double Pumpers. This si a mechanical fuel pump running off the sea water pump. has a stock pulley on it and also the ignition is stock also thunderbolt 4 system want to upgrade to an MSD. Im running 5 psi of boost. thanks HYDRO. Any and all help much appriciated
Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

if thats the stock pump you need to get the upgrade or a elec pump I also have a new black holley marine set up I never installed. I think I bought the upgrade kit from cp, but fred might have them to at trick. call me its 2pm, I called you at 12 my doc was late taking out the stitches. worst case we can strip mine off the water pump and try it. ART aka ARTIE or ARTIMUS
Old 06-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Art just talked to you sounds good about the pump we will slap that in and also the reg and blast from there it might be a little jimmy hacked until i get my normal BG reg back but hopefully rungs great and good to block with eveyone else
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
The motor was put together in 1998 by JB MArine and Automotive. The carbs are 750 Mech. Double Pumpers. This si a mechanical fuel pump running off the sea water pump. has a stock pulley on it and also the ignition is stock also thunderbolt 4 system want to upgrade to an MSD. Im running 5 psi of boost. thanks HYDRO. Any and all help much appriciated
Yup, definately upgrade the fuel system and the electronics if you got the doe. Do the carbs have the marine kit in them? The MSD systems are good see if you can get a boost referenced system then it will become more snappy retards ignition as boost goes up. Do you have any cooler on the intake? Did you check the plugs and or do a comp test to see if you popped a gasket? You know at 12lbs you volumetrically double your cubic inches.... just for info's sake.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Imm doing the fuel system with art (airtime)today, I rebuilt the cars before i dropped it in the water for the sencond time to, they were dripping fuel so i just made them new again, there is not chiller on the intake, plugs look fine and i havent done a compression check yet, i dont see anythign out the exhaust, water dumps or on the plugs. I do see water/antifreeze in the bilge but the pressure testing didnt reveal anythign so looking more i do.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=when i was running it popped threw the intake on one cylinder then didnt, i got back to the dock smelled antifreeze, Lost all coolant, Filled it ran it again turned 5200 but still feels like its holding back. [/QUOTE]

Check timing also. Is the timing fixed or referenced?
Could have backed off and that would cause the popping overheating all kinds of bad crap.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Its a fixed timing
Old 06-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Registered

jb marine installed cheap valve springs after i paid for hp springs.
long story short the valve floated destroying the motor. if jb touched
this motor look out.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Coolant still blowing out seems to be external but not 100% sure

Quick Reply: Help with performance problem!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.