Help with performance problem!!!! >

Help with performance problem!!!!

Notices

Help with performance problem!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Help with performance problem!!!!

Big problem with the T-Bred, I was running a few days ago and pushed about 5500 with the BBC, Popped and skipped, THough it was rev limiter so i didnt over twisted it. Throttled down and then back up was fine. I was out coming back from Block Island, 1. I was pushing 4600 and could not turn the motor any fast dont know why, when i was running it popped threw the intake on one cylinder then didnt, i got back to the dock smelled antifreeze, Lost all coolant, Filled it ran it again turned 5200 but still feels like its holding back. I could only get about 72 out of it. ran 81.7 so im lossing about 10 mph. I had a fuel problem i need a reg. im putting that in wensday, but could just the fuel pressure make it feel like im pulling an anchor? Any and all help is greatly appreciated, also i will be out thursday so if anyone can help and want to ride along to help please do!!! thanks guys
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Big problem with the T-Bred, I was running a few days ago and pushed about 5500 with the BBC, Popped and skipped, THough it was rev limiter so i didnt over twisted it. Throttled down and then back up was fine. I was out coming back from Block Island, 1. I was pushing 4600 and could not turn the motor any fast dont know why, when i was running it popped threw the intake on one cylinder then didnt, i got back to the dock smelled antifreeze, Lost all coolant, Filled it ran it again turned 5200 but still feels like its holding back. I could only get about 72 out of it. ran 81.7 so im lossing about 10 mph. I had a fuel problem i need a reg. im putting that in wensday, but could just the fuel pressure make it feel like im pulling an anchor? Any and all help is greatly appreciated, also i will be out thursday so if anyone can help and want to ride along to help please do!!! thanks guys
Maybe a nead gasket went south
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

$h!t because i was thinking along those lines, the coolant ended up in the bilge still dont know how or why, but wondering why i couldnt get any rpm i mean this was like pulling a parachute in 50mph winds u could feel it wasnt right. was making pleanty of boost just not going anywhere
Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were you running hot when the coolant was low, check the plugs also, if coolant is in the bilge that sounds like a leak under pressure maybe. mine popped last yr and a stud broke from ex side and popped out the carb easy fix no bented valve .I am on cruchers but will stop by on thurs. art
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Thanks art, not sure about the hot and popped out the card i tried to look at theh the gauges at one but didnt get to happend all to fast, sure stop by i hope i can resolve this, sux, it was sunnin so good to
Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

This is a blown motor? If you lean it out it will be a non running blown motor. What type of blower? Carbed or F.I.? Fuel supply is critical. How much for max boost? Check your plugs, was the motor hot? What does it have for an ignition system box and distributor? I've built a few boosted motors and have blown up more.
Josh
Old 06-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

This is a 250 B&M running between 4.5 and 5 p.s.i. depends on how hard i run it and how the weather is as u know hot or cold. Im going to look at the plugs tomorrow and the ignition system is stock. its the thunderbolt 4 with an msd coil. I know leaning it out will pop it for sure. i always have my eye on the psi just because i felt there was a prolem from day one. What should my pressure be for fuel at idle and WOT, i was thinking idle 7 to 7.5 and WOT like 4.5 to 5
Old 06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

my 509 runs 7,5 to 8 perset all the time. I was told to never let it get below 5. I have to get my stitches out of my knee thurs morning so I will call you tomorrow to see if we can hock up. just bought a new bravo 1 x drive , I am slowly buying parts .
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Sweet art hoping to hear from you hope all go well nice grab on the X Drive
Old 06-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

This is a 250 B&M running between 4.5 and 5 p.s.i. depends on how hard i run it and how the weather is as u know hot or cold. Im going to look at the plugs tomorrow and the ignition system is stock. its the thunderbolt 4 with an msd coil. I know leaning it out will pop it for sure. i always have my eye on the psi just because i felt there was a prolem from day one. What should my pressure be for fuel at idle and WOT, i was thinking idle 7 to 7.5 and WOT like 4.5 to 5
How long have you been running this combo? Who put it together? What carb or carbs? Fuel psi should be a MINIMUM 5 I like 7. Is it an electric or mechanical pump? Is it a locked advance on the distributor? You could get a lot more out of that motor with good electronics, boost referenced distributor, big carb or carbs, and change the pulleys for more BOOST.

Quick Reply: Help with performance problem!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.