places to go on the hudson....

Notices

places to go on the hudson....

Old 07-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default places to go on the hudson....

hey guys,
Me and a couple of friends are gonna take a ride up the Hudson on Monday.. any place to dock overnight with a hotel/motel nearby... and also a couple of places to stop for a refreshment, and gas stops.. looking to go up pretty far, i'm open to suggestions
Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

How far are you looking to go. Are you looking for a overnighter or a couple nights. The best place I can think of would be the Catskill marina. Which would be a nice trip from Staten Island. I'm guessing 3-4 hours one way. They have a pool and nice amenties. Just watch your water on the way up.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

3-4 hours is cool.... what do you mean by "watch your water"? depth? or rough? thanks by the way and probably just overnight not sure yet
Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 007joe
3-4 hours is cool.... what do you mean by "watch your water"? depth? or rough? thanks by the way and probably just overnight not sure yet
Its gets very shallow outside the channel so make sure you pay attention to the bouy's and stay in the the channel.

Other than that it's a great trip. If you think your going to make the trip PM me and I'll fill you in on some more details gas & food etc....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

castskill is very nice. you can also stop at the roundout creek on your way up for a nice dinner. there are some nice places to eat in there.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

In Esopus theres a lighthouse out in the channel---make sure you go to the right of it on the way up (north)-its marked but very decieving! Its about 3mi south of the Kingston lighthouse witch is the entrance to rondout creek, a must stop for food grog & fuel!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i just went up to catskill and turned around and went to roundout last friday. i go up to catskill every year for a weekend but i havent been to roundout in a long time. so i decided to go there. i eat at the steelhouse. awsome place!! running up to the catskills is a great trip. i dont know of any hotels near by (always stay on the boat). very relaxing up there. there is a marina that is right on the river with no brake wall ( between pough. and kingston) that is a no wake zone. make sure to slow down. ive seen many boats get stopped for not slowing down.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
i just went up to catskill and turned around and went to roundout last friday. i go up to catskill every year for a weekend but i havent been to roundout in a long time. so i decided to go there. i eat at the steelhouse. awsome place!! running up to the catskills is a great trip. i dont know of any hotels near by (always stay on the boat). very relaxing up there. there is a marina that is right on the river with no brake wall ( between pough. and kingston) that is a no wake zone. make sure to slow down. ive seen many boats get stopped for not slowing down.
i think your talking about rogers point. i just stay way to the other side of the river and no one bothers you.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 98itrwhite
i think your talking about rogers point. i just stay way to the other side of the river and no one bothers you.
that does sound like it. i think your right if you stay far to the other side you should be ok. ive just seen alot of people get stopped.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

also i was stopped just south of the marina last friday comming home. they were doin safety stops. nice guys.

Quick Reply: places to go on the hudson....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.