Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008

Notices

Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008

Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carguy08
UHHHH....If being welcome was setting up a road block on the Northway and stopping all the bikes coming in, and giving them all pointless tickets, Inadequate Helmets, noise, ect ,ect. I talked to several bikers that will not be coming back next year just based on principal alone. The few grand worth of tickets makes no sence when looking at the millions that come in for the event. PUTZ's
I understand that laws are laws. But buisness is buisness. We should work on a reform of the restrictions to open our Lake to all types of boaters. Or we could all paint our boats to look like the wooden ones. Talk about a double standard.

I have to say as a local business owner we do shoot ourselves in the foot quite often.
that sucks. im going to start ignoring the come to lake george commercials i see on t.v now.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GORT
Interesting analogy since Lake George welcomes with open arms Americade every year.... The "bikers" make significantly more noise for an entire week then the Boats do for a weekend.. also Lake George enjoys the benefit of the Hot Rod Nationals the weekend after Labor Day.... I've attended & will testify to the noise those cars make on the city street!

I enjoy both of those events as I do the Boat Poker Run... but aren't we seeing a double standard here?
No double standard.. those are planned events with permits, that go before the town for approval. Most of the last guys posting are right on the money, Anything large listed on the internet has to get approval and be a orginzed event. Otherwise it will hurt all of us when we just want to go boating on the lake.
90velocity, your absolutly right also. at least someone's getting it.This is a public forum, anyone... even law enforcement can read it.
I dont want to keep my lake all to myself, Ill share, just trying to get the point across, When you come on Lake George, respect it, and the regulations or we all loose. Adam Bear.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

UHHHH....If being welcome was setting up a road block on the Northway and stopping all the bikes coming in, and giving them all pointless tickets, Inadequate Helmets, noise, ect ,ect. I talked to several bikers that will not be coming back next year just based on principal alone. The few grand worth of tickets makes no sence when looking at the millions that come in for the event. PUTZ's
I understand that laws are laws. But buisness is buisness. We should work on a reform of the restrictions to open our Lake to all types of boaters. Or we could all paint our boats to look like the wooden ones. Talk about a double standard.

I have to say as a local business owner we do shoot ourselves in the foot quite often.
I'm not sure I see a ticket for "Inadequate Helmuts" as "pointless".... but considering there are reportedly upwards of 50,000 motorcycles at that week long event.... and the "stigma" that comes with being a biker (I've owned a Harley since 1973)..... I think the real purpose of the road block was illegal drugs & weapons.... I think the road blocks go with the "Biker" territory... I've seen them at almost every major event including Sturgis...

I agree with you 100% about the double standard.... Those "Lake George" style old wooden boats are every bit as loud as many of "our" boats.... but I never see one pulled over?

I believe that the more of these Runs you are able to organize & control.... the better chance you have of making them an acceptable venue for Lake George....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Me Too

Originally Posted by BRET
Hey,
Don't dump all us who own a house on LG into the same pot.
I own a loud boat and I don't like the regs either but I have to live by them all summer. "Blondie" lives in my bay and she stares at my boat every time she goes by in her LG boat.
Use your silent choice if you have it (put a on/off switch where they can't see it) or mufflers, or both. Don't attract attention to yourself. I haven't been checked yet and I know I am over the db without my silent choice.
I am in the same "Boat" a few db's over with mufflers (tested and failed twice) but no tix as of yet and been on the lake 30 years! Still if you don't try to attract attention, you won't! I don't think they take much direction from the business owners, more like from the LG Park Commission and the home owners go to their meetings. Bob has been at some of them when he got the Poker Runs going, that for the most part was successfull. I think the answer here is to support him or anyone that want's to orginize something. Else without info, they will enforce at will.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by adrbear
No double standard.. those are planned events with permits, that go before the town for approval. Most of the last guys posting are right on the money, Anything large listed on the internet has to get approval and be a orginzed event. Otherwise it will hurt all of us when we just want to go boating on the lake.
90velocity, your absolutly right also. at least someone's getting it.This is a public forum, anyone... even law enforcement can read it.
I dont want to keep my lake all to myself, Ill share, just trying to get the point across, When you come on Lake George, respect it, and the regulations or we all loose. Adam Bear.
I have been boating on Lake George for over 35 years...never got a ticket for anything (knock on wood)..... I respect the Lake just as much as the one I own a place on.... but the regulations they have implemented in that past 10-15 years are not very welcoming.... that lake, or the one I own property on.... does not belong to anyone.... some of the residents and local authorities up there need to realize that.... they own the property.... not the Lake.... They need to respect others right to use the lake....

Re-read your post Adam.... "I don't want to keep MY lake all to myself" "I'll Share".... It is not "your" lake simply because you own property on it... I really am not looking to argue or fight about this.... I own property on Sacandaga.... but I do not own the
lake....

If a group of friends wants to get together and go for a ride on any lake.... I don't believe they should need a permit.... if it is a paid to enter organized event then you need a permit just like any other "organized" event.....

Last edited by GRH; 10-24-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Some people can just beat this to death and not get the point!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

I think people understand it, but there is such a thing as Police descretion and after Labor day there just aren't that many people on the lake or in there homes. Some of the LG patrol, especially the girl, have a stick up there ass.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey,
"Blondie" lives in my bay and she stares at my boat every time she goes by in her LG boat.
Hey Bret, which bay is "yours?"

JK, I was just curious where "she" lives.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laster
Hey Bret, which bay is "yours?"

JK, I was just curious where "she" lives.
I live in Warner bay across from Fischers Marine.
Blondie lives just inside the 5 mph, on the right heading towards Castaways Marine.
Belive me I would love to sink her boat at her dock but it's a Bosotn Whaler...unsinkable.
Pic of camp and boat:
Attached Thumbnails Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008-2008-rush-camp-084-small-.jpg   Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008-2007summer-ics-013-small-.jpg  
Old 10-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Warner bay across from Fischers Marine.
Blondie lives just inside the 5 mph, on the right heading towards Castaways Marine.
Belive me I would love to sink her boat at her dock but it's a Bosotn Whaler...unsinkable.
Pic of camp and boat:
Yup, I recognize your boat....I remember that yellow.

Quick Reply: Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.