Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008 >

Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008

Notices

Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008

Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have info on this for this year (2009)? I know its early, but trying to get a calendar of events for an Upstate NY boating website I am starting up. (boatupstate.com). I have some video from 2007 posted there in the Lake George forum, but missed last year. This year, I hope to cover the Sacandaga run at the end of July, and the LG run (if it happens).
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by magillacuddy
Does anyone have info on this for this year (2009)? I know its early, but trying to get a calendar of events for an Upstate NY boating website I am starting up. (boatupstate.com). I have some video from 2007 posted there in the Lake George forum, but missed last year. This year, I hope to cover the Sacandaga run at the end of July, and the LG run (if it happens).
Thanks for the info!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there will not be a LG Organized Event this year. I could be wrong, but with all the discussion of last years day on the water with friends, I would say most will not have any intention on doing something like that again.

Disclaimer:
(I speak on my personal behalf and is solely my opinion, Not Mahopac Marine's or the other members of this board or boaters that frequent LG )
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be nice if someone actually did organize the event. 2007 was a blast and it was a great turnout. As an organized event with the proper permits in place, it could be classified as a Regatta and as such wouldn't be subject to the noise restrictions. Anyone feel like putting it together this year?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Registered

This year, I hope to cover the Sacandaga run at the end of July, and the LG run (if it happens).
Thanks for the info!
If I'm not mistaken, the Sacandaga Run this year is the weekend of June 27th.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Laken
The permits have been submitted for that date. Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding down here in CT
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Thanks. I'll update my info.

As an organized event with the proper permits in place, it could be classified as a Regatta and as such wouldn't be subject to the noise restrictions.
I don't get the fuss over lifting the noise and speed limits for that day. The 2007 run was a great day, and it brought a great group of people to the village (who probably spent a lot of money at our local establishments). There isn't anything going on at the lake in October anyway, and the village is usually a ghost town by then. I wasn't at the fun run last year, but am curious if the turnout was like 2007. (of course it helped that in 2007 it was in the low 80's that weekend, and my kids were actually swimming in the lake, which normally doesn't happen in Oct).
Old 01-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Thanks. I'll update my info.

I don't get the fuss over lifting the noise and speed limits for that day. The 2007 run was a great day, and it brought a great group of people to the village (who probably spent a lot of money at our local establishments). There isn't anything going on at the lake in October anyway, and the village is usually a ghost town by then. I wasn't at the fun run last year, but am curious if the turnout was like 2007. (of course it helped that in 2007 it was in the low 80's that weekend, and my kids were actually swimming in the lake, which normally doesn't happen in Oct).
No, the fun run in 08 was nothing like the poker un in 07. The poker run 07 had 111 boats entered I believe. In 08 there were about 15 of us and at least 5 of us got noise tickets and were kicked off the lake.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered

Those LG patrols love bustin onions, whether its for speed or noise. I don't get it. Then every year you hear how the local tourist economy didn't do well and the business owners get killed with high taxes (that help pay for the local law enforcement, which in turn keeps a lot of people out of the area, ect).
Hopefully this year (2009) there will be less scrutney.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

Those LG patrols love bustin onions, whether its for speed or noise. I don't get it. Then every year you hear how the local tourist economy didn't do well and the business owners get killed with high taxes (that help pay for the local law enforcement, which in turn keeps a lot of people out of the area, ect).
Hopefully this year (2009) there will be less scrutney.
Wishful thinking, but I doubt it will happen...
Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

I took these from that beach right off the strip. This was 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_Zx5hoAVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaURwVquvjM

I plan on going to the run on Sacandaga and LG, (if it happens), and get better footage from the water. I'll post them at the boatupstate.com website, and Youtube, and edit them up a bit. I just shot these as my kids were playing in the sand at the beach that day. (I thought I had a good one of everyone heading out, but I have yet to find it.)

Quick Reply: Lake George Fun Run Oct 10-13th 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.