Erie, Buffalo, and Niagara information please >

Erie, Buffalo, and Niagara information please

Notices

Erie, Buffalo, and Niagara information please

Old 06-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erie, Buffalo, and Niagara information please

I am going to make a trip this August from Lake St. Clair (Michigan) to Niagara Falls. I will be in Put In Bay Ohio the weekend of 8-7. On Sunday, we will leave PIB and head toward the falls. Our time is ok, so we are not in a huge rush, but would like to schedule our stops to spend one day sightseeing the falls, at least one day in Buffalo, and one night on the return home at the new docks in Cleveland.

We received lots of good advice from the Michigan forum on a trip to traverse city michigan a couple years ago, and am hoping we can get equally good advice for this adventure. Looking at the charts there appear to be able plenty of stops along the U.S. Side. Leaving PIB, there could be stops in; vermillion, Huron, Cleveland, Fairport, Ashtubula, Erie, Dunkirk, Buffalo, and then closer to the falls. We will probably run all the way to Buffalo on the first day (maybe aerie or Dunkirk?), but want to stop every 50 miles or so and either eat, drink, or shop (yeah, wives are going).I'm not sure where the best spots are to be able to visit the falls (Tonawanda?) or what there is to do in Buffalo and where to stay. From what I have read Buffalo sounds pretty cool.

Obviously keeping a good fuel supply is a must also. We are thinking of Cleveland being our last stop on the return leg. Any suggestions of stops to make, things to do, fueling, and suggested marinas would be much appreciated.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure others will chime in, but as a new member of WYOPA I'm not well versed on all the spots. I'd try to stop at Templeton Landing in Buffalo. They treat WYNOPA great and that's where the Buffalo Poker run originates from. You can walk from Templeton to Canal Side and there's a few great places to eat, including Templeton. If you like BBQ, I'd stop at Smoke On The Water in Tonowanda.....GREAT BBQ.

I hope this helps.