Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Is anyone close to the Old Saybrook area in Connecticut?! >

Is anyone close to the Old Saybrook area in Connecticut?!

Notices

Is anyone close to the Old Saybrook area in Connecticut?!

Old 06-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone close to the Old Saybrook area in Connecticut?!

Hello,
I was just posting to see if anyone else happens to be in the surrounding area of Old Saybrook CT. I was hoping that if someone was in the area that they might possibly be able to check out a 38' Top Gun I'm trying to purchase. I definitely will compensate someone for there time just to go out there and put eyes on the boat and let me know if anything sticks out as far as being an issue. The owner has been great with giving me all info and service records I feel pretty comfortable with the deal and wasn't going to fly up if I didn't have to. Thanks for any consideration.

Adam
Old 06-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by mxzxracer16
Hello,
I was just posting to see if anyone else happens to be in the surrounding area of Old Saybrook CT. I was hoping that if someone was in the area that they might possibly be able to check out a 38' Top Gun I'm trying to purchase. I definitely will compensate someone for there time just to go out there and put eyes on the boat and let me know if anything sticks out as far as being an issue. The owner has been great with giving me all info and service records I feel pretty comfortable with the deal and wasn't going to fly up if I didn't have to. Thanks for any consideration.

Adam
There are tons of us in the area. Which gun and who is the seller? Someone here should be able to give you the info you are looking for...
Old 06-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Registered

Hey thanks for the quick response. The boats a 1988 Top gun, allegedly has repowered SC-572 engines with under 80 hours. Seems about right since the boat will GPS at high 70s Has been serviced out at Ocean performance for the past 5 years. Previously original owner was out of Florida. It's dubbed as the Palms Springs edition TG
Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Registered

Old 06-23-2015, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by mxzxracer16
Chris at OP is on here often and a good dude. I'll send him a text with a link to this post. He should be able to tell you everything he knows about the boat.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Registered

I actually had talked with Chris about the boat as the current owners referred me to him. Chris had told me he actually had sold the boat when new. He told me what he could and all seemed A OK. The last winterized the boat in the fall.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Registered

kreed is a expert when it comes to cigarette boats
Old 06-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

^^^^^^ Thanks Bri !!!!!!! ^^^^^^ But an expert ONLY in my own mind I know that OP did a lot of work on that boat. It has come a long way. I haven't seen it at OP in some time. Ive never seen the boat run or heard any feed back on the boat though. Being a 1988, I would have a survey done.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

I know the boat pretty well, it needed a lot of tlc, but I believe the owner had quite a bit done, it was fwc but the heat exchangers cracked and it was converted to raw water cooling about 2 years ago. The blowers and intakes have been off and inspected looked pretty good, the electric supplement pumps were hooked up backwards, the boat would fall flat if they were turned on ran great with them off. Could be an ok buy for the right money.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
I know the boat pretty well, it needed a lot of tlc, but I believe the owner had quite a bit done, it was fwc but the heat exchangers cracked and it was converted to raw water cooling about 2 years ago. The blowers and intakes have been off and inspected looked pretty good, the electric supplement pumps were hooked up backwards, the boat would fall flat if they were turned on ran great with them off. Could be an ok buy for the right money.
That's the boat, I had heard the boat had a closed cooling system and that ocean performance straightened that out and made it a fresh pick up again. Also the gauges were replaced, cockpit interior redoberedone, out drives had been gone through. And Chris at OP had mentioned he had the boat in the mods to low 70s on GPS but didn't ring it out. So sounds about right for mid 500 CI SC engines in that hull. Guys all the input is much appreciated, thanks it's invaluable.