Skaneateles Lake >

Skaneateles Lake

Notices

Skaneateles Lake

Old 08-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skaneateles Lake

I am thinking about checking this lake out due to the clean waters. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it and if there are any sand bars or good places to swim. Also any noise regulations to worry about?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2015, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A friend of mine moved up there from NJ years back and absolutely loves it. Not the biggest lake around but he belongs to a golf course / marina set up. Keeps his boat there and golf all in the same day with ease. Sounded real nice to me other than the size of the lake. Im used to being by the shore so I'm on big bays and the ocean is available to. Have not seen it personally but like I said sounds very cool. Steve.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Registered

I've always heard how clean it is, but never much about people boating there. I'm right next to Canandaigua lake which is where I boat the majority of the time. I've been on a few of the different finger lakes, but just looking for some different scenery so it seemed like a good option for the drive of less than an hour.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Registered

Have you tried Cayuga Lake yet? There is a cove just past the island on the east side by Union Springs where a lot of boats hang out. We launch at Dean's Cove on Rt 89. Very nice launch.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dba1062
Have you tried Cayuga Lake yet? There is a cove just past the island on the east side by Union Springs where a lot of boats hang out. We launch at Dean's Cove on Rt 89. Very nice launch.
I haven't been to Cayuga yet, but I have heard good things. Is that cove shallow and sandy? How is the launch at the Cayuga lake state park? Any good places you can access from the water to eat near by? Is there usually a pretty good turnout on the weekends?

I see you're also from Canandaigua. Where do you do most of your boating, just right on Canandaigua Lake?

Craig
Old 08-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

If you go to Skaneateles Lake, expect to be hassled for noise- unless you have a classic wooden restored boat, then rules won't apply. Small lake but exceptionally clean and clear.

Cayuga is a great time with a few choices for dining by water at the north end. Sandy Cove is always popular on the weekends. Maybe we'll see you there !
Old 09-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Registered

Vanharca'
I haven't launched at Cayuga Lake State Parks in years when I had a smaller boat. The Cove is shallow and the bottom is good. The turnout on weekends is good. A lot of bigger cruisers. Friendly people over there.
We boat all over. Canandaigua is mostly on a Friday and maybe once a month on a weekend. If we are at the north end, we anchor by the fountain or more towards the pier. With the water being the way it is, we will be heading to Cayuga this weekend.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Registered

So it sounds like I'll be on Cayuga for the first time tomorrow. I'm planning on heading to Sandy Cove and hopefully doing some dinner. Any recommendations on where to eat that's family friendly?

Also what boats should I look for?

Craig
Old 09-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Registered

Wwwwwwwww
Old 09-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Registered

We run that lake every saturday launch at long point state park best launch on the lake water nice and clean, we got a blue fountain and blue tow rig be in henderson harbor this weekend but i hopeing for a great septrmber and oct for weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.