2024 Hudson River Fun Run >

2024 Hudson River Fun Run

Notices

2024 Hudson River Fun Run

Old 06-20-2024, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2024 Hudson River Fun Run

2024 Hudson River Family and Friends Fun Run: Mark your Calendar I am going to lunch in Kingston with a bunch of boating buddies , if anyone would like to join us your all welcome to. The start points will be Newburgh Public Boat Launch and additional launch site may be determined as things are being planned.

Date: September 28, 2024

Departs from : City of Newburgh Public Boat launch /
2 Washington Street
Newburgh NY 12550

Destination : Old Savannah Restaurant
100 Rondout Drive
Kingston, N.Y.

Run Length : approx. 30 miles each way

We will be leaving out of Newburgh Waterfront heading north up the beautiful Hudson River to Kingston Rondout Creek. Along the way we will stop and regroup at the halfway point, the Mid Hudson Bridge. When we arrive at Old Savannah, David and his crew will have a buffet BBQ lunch set up for us. Old Savannah never disappoints. When we leave the restaurant, the ride back is a straight ride to Newburgh. Please be considerate to everyone and work together to get boats onto trailers quickly.

Please remember this is a FUN RUN. To make this easier on myself and my buddies that are helping with things, so that we also can enjoy this FUN RUN, please help US by pre paying. Let us know your boat, and how many will be in your crew.

There is NO entrance fee for the event, once again we are going to lunch.
- $T.B.D. per person for lunch.
- $5.00 Per boat donation to the maritime museum for letting us use their docks.
- $15.00 Parking fee at the ramp in Newburgh to be paid AT TIME OF LAUNCHING YOUR BOAT - PAID DIRECTLY TO the parking meter !!!!

Out of towners in need of rooms: see the attached slide.
You can reach me MIke at 845-527-3751 Text is best, or [email protected]
If you wish to pay with a check please text me for the mailing address.

Include Boat info , your name and how many on board.
or paypal acct. [email protected]
as friends and family - so I dont get charged paypal fees.

FINALLY OUR EASY REQUESTS:
Please have boat, crew count and money done ASAP !!! On the day of the run please check in with us when you get to the marina and get your wrist bands for lunch ...BEFORE YOU LAUNCH YOU BOAT!!!! All help around the docks and ramp area is very much appreciated and also makes things move along faster. We have to get everyone in the water and out of the marina around 10:30 - 10:45am. Please don't everyone show up at 10:00. We would like to begin Launching boats as early as 730 (or earlier if you prefer launch is always open)
These are not big requests, but they will help us and we can enjoy the day being with friends and family that much easier.

MOST IMPORTANT THING
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE be careful. We all like to run our boats but we don't need anyone getting hurt!! So give other boaters some space and wear your life jackets !!!!

This run is open to all boaters. Anyone can attend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again
I would like to have a final Head / Boat count By September 23th

badmonkey (06-21-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 173 Likes on 87 Posts

Love this run, missed it the past few years. Should make it this year. Will get you a head count soon. Thank you for organizing. Will be in a 35 cig playboy edition