Notices

Who will be first to launch

Old 04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who will be first to launch

Even though Mr P has been working hard on the engines
there are still a bunch of parts scattered all over the garage and basement. So I would think that means we still have some time to go

Last week we had quite a scare when the engine he was working on fell over lucky for him he is sort of messy and it fell on top of a bunch of rubber hoses. It looks like we escaped major damage, but I will let him tell you what happened.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 538 Posts
Default Re: Who will be first to launch

Oh man i think i would have had a heart attack watchinh it fall over!!!! Knowing me i would have ran and tried to brace it with my body to try and keep it from falling. knowing the entire time it was stupid and that there was no way in hell i could do anything about it but i still would have tried anyway!!!

If my boat was done i would have launched it last week when we had that super nice day! Man even yesterday i would have taken a day off and went out!!! I'm dieing to got this boat in the water but i dont even have the engine put back together yet! Still just a bare block and i'm waiting for more consistantly warm days before i try and shoot the paint for the dash project ive been working on all winter COME ON SUMMER!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have been in the water last weekend. I normally don't miss days like that. I don't know where all my spare time has gone this year!
Dan
Old 04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
Oh man i think i would have had a heart attack watchinh it fall over!!!! Knowing me i would have ran and tried to brace it with my body to try and keep it from falling. knowing the entire time it was stupid and that there was no way in hell i could do anything about it but i still would have tried anyway!!!
!
After he has just spent the last 7 months with a real messed up a foot, I hope he will refrain from using body parts as human shields
Old 04-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

Cheap Chinese engine stand. Just as i'm torquing a cylinder head bolt and really leaning on it, a caster came apart. Something that heavy takes a minute to gather momentum, so I had a chance to get out of the way. Lucky not much damage, just a dented oil pan and a busted water pump bracket.

Last edited by PatriYacht; 04-06-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Its funny.....well not funny.....but when i was working at Motorola we were moving a switch down the hall. This is a computer in a box the size of a huge coffin that controlls cell phone calls. Anyway we had this thing on a refrigerator dolly and it was WAY over capacity. You could almost hear all the joints/welds/whels and straps screeming in pain! The supports were slightly bending when we went over transitions in the floor. I thin the whole assembly weighed in at something like 1500lbs or more. Anyway there was 3 of us lifting this beast upright and it kept its momentum going and went over....one guy started to run to the other side to try and catch it!!! luckly the other guy grabbed him before he got under it.....it made a divit in the lenolium floor about 3/4" deep!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

geeze no wonder I never got good reception on those motorola phones
Old 04-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Actually that had nothing to do with us or the phones.....i worked in the R&D dept.....all we did was try to simmulate the problems they were having in the fields and try to figure way to fix them. We actually had a copy of every type of switch we made or supported world wide. The facility in Arlington Heights i was at actually generated enough juice to power all of Arlington Heights!!! I wish i could have taken pics but thats automatic grounds for termination. We had 777 locomotive cable run as power in some sections......if you dont know what that is then look at a 20oz Pepsi bottle....its about that thick!!!! When Nextel first came to us with the idea of what they wanted to do, you shoul dhave seen the problems!!! You think reception is bad with you cell phone.....try having a system that was down more then 50% of the time in the begining while they worked out all the bugs!!!

Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Well I am going to the water Thursday afternoon to launch mine for what is likely the last time. Buyer is going to be here around five.

This all means just one thing...... newer, bigger,faster!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak28
Well I am going to the water Thursday afternoon to launch mine for what is likely the last time. Buyer is going to be here around five.

This all means just one thing...... newer, bigger,faster!

Good luck with the sale. If the sale goes through you could come up to the season opener to celebrate.
Dan

Quick Reply: Who will be first to launch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.