Notices

Beware

Old 05-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware

Well, the Lake County Sheriff and the Conservation Cops were having a field day today up at North Point. I think we'll keep our mufflers on until they get tired of writing tickets and filling out all the paperwork. BEWARE!

Baja Mom
Old 05-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Registered

Default Re: Beware

Sorry to here that. I thought that was a one season thing. Anyone we know get busted?
Dan

Last edited by candyman35; 05-30-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 568 Posts

We happened to be having an early dinner up there when Loony Tune and Italian Ice came in off the lake.....awesome looking boats!!!
Anyway there had to be at least 7-8 cops working the launch ramps.... and from the look of it they were itching to get boats for anything...it looked as though they were looking over every boat that came to the ramps....either coming or going. One guy in a Cig that was leaving the restaurant docks got waved over by a cop.....don't know what for but he must have said something to the driver and let them go on their way......the Cig sounded good....but not obnoxious. I think they were out in force more because it was such a nice day and i'm sure there was more then normal traffic boat wise for the start of the season.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:42 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend Bill is the head guy of the Conservation police up there in NP. He is the ONLY guy with the sound deciple gun too. I'm gonna have to call him and find out what's up with all the heat.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Registered

Frank, keep us posted. The fork lifted one of our's out of the water, put him on his rack and here comes the Conservation Police in their truck. It was five o'clock, so they were done for the day. Gave him a warning. They were very nice, told him they would like to test him and informed him that he most likely would not pass the test. Muffler sales are up!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:54 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bad thing about a warning is....... that the next time they stop you for the same thing..... you're getting a ticket.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Registered

Sounds like Hammond doesn't have the same noise issues as NP. They also don't seem to bother the NP slip owners. Making noise is half the fun. Have fun you guys.

Baja Mom
Old 06-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Well the river wasn't safe either both Chicago and C.G . auxillary were out. Nothing like haveing a 17 year old pimply face kid tell you how to drive a boat.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at the DNR office last week. I asked a very nice and nice looking(yes she was) Conservation Officer about the noise laws. She told me that if I take the boat to Chicago, they will be strictly enforcing the noise laws. DNR has very few noise level testers in Illinois. The majority of the testers are in the Chicago area. Be Aware.

Andy
Old 06-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered

I got pulled over by the Chicago Marine unit in 97. They explained they wanted to test my boat for noise. I was asked to tie up on the steel retaining wall at Navy pier. The officer asked me to pop the hatches. He took a look at the stock power and said "never mind". My favorite Quote of the day was "You look loud".
Dan

Quick Reply: Beware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.