When did it hit you?

Old 11-27-2005, 11:48 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: When did it hit you?

Originally Posted by bearpaw
When It hit me was when I was a lifeguard at Oak street beach I would see likes of KILLER a blue Executioner, BAM,WEX and others running by while I was suck on the beach. I remember a blue Pantera 24 at diversy harbor.
I'm shocked that you remembered that boat "KILLER" It was from Lake Geneva, and owned by a guy named Frank Domingo. He also had a 45 Sea Ray in Burnham, but the Fountain was kept in L Geneva. I ran that boat for a weekend here out of Diversy. We were buying it and I had the weekend to sea trial it. I raced every boat that I could find, and beat em all, that is until I ran Micheal Friedman with that 38 Bertram "BENIHAHA". He was with Magnum Mark, hanging in the playpen, and I wanted to see just how long I could keep up with him. The Fountain topped out around 97/98, and the Bertram ran a bit over 100.

My wife just hated that boat !!! I think it was because of the lettering. The boat being a dark blue and the lettering starting in yellow up at the top of the letters, then as then went down they would change to orange in the middle, then turn to red at the bottom, with drips of blood running off them. My wife said that, THAT is not the boat I should be seen in. Oh well, I hated to do it, but I took a pass on that one, and regretted it for the next 10 years.

Always liked that boat. Wonder what ever became of that one? Had 572's with tunnel rams and dominaters, Stelling exhausts, and SSM III's. In its day, (1989) it was a real runner. But a handful to dock.
www.chicagopowerboat.com