Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Boater's Beach or Playpen this weekend...? >

Boater's Beach or Playpen this weekend...?

Notices

Boater's Beach or Playpen this weekend...?

Old 06-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boater's Beach or Playpen this weekend...?

Frankie - from where I was sittin', looks like your boat was running pretty good Saturday! We came across the skyline with you guys and all I got to hear was Michelle screaming "Oh my god look at Frank go. It's like Bob is standing still..." That was a fun little blast...I was just a high-speed spectator and then a Sea-Doo pulled in front of me and I had to shut down...not that I was gonna beat anyone anyway!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did not get to make the beach this weekend. Will try next weekend. Frank and I just got back from Wesco and the boat looks incredible. I could not be more happier. Lots of trick stuff installed that I have never seen before.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, I was running a few boats behind BZ, to watch how his boat was running (speed wize) with the new props he was trying out. BZ, NICE rooster tail with the new blades. When it seemed like he was done accelerating, we just eased the throttles down to about 5000. After a little bit of setting the drives and tabs, and "airing" the boat out we slowed down a little to see where everyone was, and there was no one in sight !!! Where'd you guys go? I thought that maybe someone broke something or had some kind of problem, so we backtracked to try to find you's, and we could'nt see anyone. So we headed back to the playpen and tied off of Neil's new 38 Fountain CC "ASALT WEAPON".

Went with Mark Smith on sunday up to Wesco to check on the progress of his boat. W O W !!!!!!! Does that thing look great. We spent the day with Dave, playing with little odds and ends on the boat. Couple more small items to finish, and it'll be ready for the water. I think Mark's like a "kid in a candy store" with how everything's turning out. I know "he" can't wait to run it too. He will basically have a totally new powered cat. The detail that Dave has done in the engine compartments are second to none. That guy just continues to amaze me on all the custom fabrication he can do. You gotta really see it in person to appreciate what was done. I too, was like a kid in a candy store, up there looking at all the "BIG" powered engines in his shop. I would've loved to take some pics of some of his "custom" engines, but most of them are in the R&D stages, and Dave asked me to keep things to myself. As soon as he allows me to, I will take some pics of some of his creations.
I've never ever seen custom fabricated engines like the ones in his shop. The induction systems are all custom fabricated, and let's just say that for right now, he's at 1400 HP on 87 octane fuel !!!!!!!!!
Belive me, he's got configurations there that noone has ever seen, and they all work.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
funny just left the marina, I haven't seen your boat move off the lift who needs pulleys if it never goes in the water...LOL BZ
Yea, I know. We are in the process of moving to Sheridan, IL and between selling our old house and getting the new one ready is consuming all of our time. I put about 1 hour on the boat so far this year

On the bright side, I haven't broken anything yet.

Don't worry big guy, we will get a chance to stretch them out this year.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Roger,
Thanks for taking my trailer back to Fort Apache North.
I hope it wasn't to much for your new truck. LOL

You are going to take a break from the house dutys this weekend I hope.

Mark
Old 06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCIG
Hey Roger,
Thanks for taking my trailer back to Fort Apache North.
I hope it wasn't to much for your new truck. LOL

You are going to take a break from the house dutys this weekend I hope.

Mark
God, I hope he can get a break from house dutys the new props ran great in Sat. just a few more questions to get figured out then I hope you can get the boat off the lift it looks sooooooooooooo lonely there...BZ
Old 06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem Mark, the trailer pulls great even when the sky opens up and dumps buckets of rain on it.

I hope to get away from both houses for awhile this weekend and do some boating. We will see, we have two weddings to go to this weekend I thought winter was reserved for weddings.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:48 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will see, we have two weddings to go to this weekend I thought winter was reserved for weddings. [/QUOTE]

It is in our house. Summer weddings are for people that don't go boating. All you have to say is............. we "might" be able to make it, we're not positively sure yet. You're off the hook. If it's sunny, you go on the boat, if it rains, you go to the wedding.

We have our grandsons 1 year birthday party this weekend. If it rains, we'll be there in the afternoon. If it's sunny, we won't be there till around 9 PM. His birthday is actually today, so my suggestion was to have the party on his birthday "TODAY" But OH NO, we can't do that, it's a weekday, so then we'll just be about 7-8 hrs. late if it's sunny on saturday, that's all.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

I don't know how are lake was. Another weekend without boating. Hope to make up for it over the holiday.
Dan
Old 06-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
We will see, we have two weddings to go to this weekend I thought winter was reserved for weddings.

It is in our house. Summer weddings are for people that don't go boating. All you have to say is............. we "might" be able to make it, we're not positively sure yet. You're off the hook. If it's sunny, you go on the boat, if it rains, you go to the wedding.

We have our grandsons 1 year birthday party this weekend. If it rains, we'll be there in the afternoon. If it's sunny, we won't be there till around 9 PM. His birthday is actually today, so my suggestion was to have the party on his birthday "TODAY" But OH NO, we can't do that, it's a weekday, so then we'll just be about 7-8 hrs. late if it's sunny on saturday, that's all.
Frank,
I totally agree with you on this one. Summer is way too short!!!!
Dan

Quick Reply: Boater's Beach or Playpen this weekend...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.