Notices

Chicago air and water show

Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicago air and water show

Ah what the hell, I'm going today....see ya guys down there.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:01 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark good seeing you and Dr. Bob. Not a prettier sight than 2 42 Fountains sitting side by side in the lake.

Leo, I hope you made it back OK. Right after you called me, there were some pretty nasty lookin clouds rolling in from the west. I was hoping you were back to Hammond by then.

Hey Mike, the "Red Rocket" looked real good. My friends said you've got a sharp lookin Fountain.

Zanie, your boat looks "brand F'kn new" !!!!!!!!! I was telling my friends how much work you put into your boat. They told me to tell you that it all paid off well. Looks GREAT !!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Registered

Hey, Thanks very much Frank, I really appreciate the compliment! Your boat was looking and sounding great!

It seems like it's always an adventure for me to get to the air and water show. We were headed to Hammond on 294 and everything at 80 stopped dead. Soon after traffic stopped, a guy rolls up and says "Hey you have no brake lights". We figured as long as we are going 1 MPH we might as well work on it. Chase the problem to broken wire under the dash leading into the column switch of my dually. We looked pretty weird with me halfway out the drivers door and my buddy laying on the floor screwing with the wires. Just about had that fixed..........and............

After traveling an entire mile in one hour, the old GMC decides to unload it's antifreeze!

Pulled of at Rt 1 (Halsted?) and popped into a gas station let her cool down. Added some antifreeze and water (3 gallons), and stuck to the surface streets. I should have been on surface streets all along, like Bob Z recommended.

Anyway, left Lombard at 8:30AM Saturday launched about NOON!!

Once we were in the water the old Excalibur ran problem free.
That was the easiest anchoring for the Air and Water show I've ever had. Didn't mind the low ceiling the same F16 flew over us 3 times and 2 Blue Angles flew directly over us. All very low and very loud.
Glad we went, again.
DS
Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Dan, you would've been better off launching at Diversy on saturday. I had the boat down there since thursday, so I would'nt have to deal with all the havoc on sat. morning. Surprizingly enough saturdy morning I was going north down LSD about 9:00 am, and it was moving 50 mph all the way to Fullerton, and NO backup at the exit !!!!! I could'nt believe it. Probably because the weather did'nt look so good, and they were calling for scattered showers all through the day.
Now sunday was another story. Got to the harbor at about 8:15am and they already had it closed off !!! they said the last parking space was taken way before 8 o'clock. They were only letting the regular guys in that they know. They always keep some reserved spaces for the guys that "take care of them"
They had barricades at the opening of the drive leading to the parking lot, and a big guy telling all the people that the lot was closed. Austin with "Medicine Man" the 47 Apache, called me about 10:30 from LSD and asked me to save him a spot. It took him about 20 minutes to go a few blocks. When he pulled around a block long line of cars waiting to try to get into the parking lot, and we opened the barricades to let him in, a bunch of guys that were waiting and being told the lot was full and they could'nt even pull in to drop coolers off, they got out of their vehicles and I thought there was gonna be a fist fight. Parking was definatiely at a preminm on sunday, and it was because it was nice and sunny.

The air show on sunday was much better than saturday. We watched it from the harbor cause we had a big dock party on G-dock. I'll bet there was around 5-600 people on the dock, all the burgers, brats, and italian sausage and peppers you could eat, mexican skirt steak and salsa, all kind of pasta salads, and all you could drink of whatever kind of cocktail you wanted. Believe it or not, I drank arizona iced tea, and lemonade with no alcohol in it all day. My wife on the other hand is another story, she's still sleeping off a massive hangover from yesterday.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How was the water down in the city? We saw RV and a few 42 Fountains heading out on Sunday from NorthPoint Marina. We went out for a few play sessions, but stayed near the harbor. The waves were pretty big in the morning!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

They were 5-6's early till mid afternoon, we went out with a boat full of people around 5 ish, and they were down to about 4's +. Made for an uncomfortable bumppy ride. We met a bunch of girls at the dock party that were from the chain o lakes. They wanted to take some pics on our boat in the harbor. After the pic session, one of them asked me if she could start the engines. so I showed her what to do, and the engines lit right up. Then they all wanted to go for a ride, and told me that they've never been on lake michigan before and they wanted to go fast.
So, I was forced to take a half a dozen bikini clad girls out for a ride. They loved the coming out of the water part, but I kept the speeds down to around 75ish. They did'nt want to go back in, they wanted to keep running and airing the boat out. They said that ride was the best they ever had, and now they want to be part of the chicago offshore bunch.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-21-2006, 10:36 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
They were 5-6's early till mid afternoon, we went out with a boat full of people around 5 ish, and they were down to about 4's +. Made for an uncomfortable bumppy ride. We met a bunch of girls at the dock party that were from the chain o lakes. They wanted to take some pics on our boat in the harbor. After the pic session, one of them asked me if she could start the engines. so I showed her what to do, and the engines lit right up. Then they all wanted to go for a ride, and told me that they've never been on lake michigan before and they wanted to go fast.
So, I was forced to take a half a dozen bikini clad girls out for a ride. They loved the coming out of the water part, but I kept the speeds down to around 75ish. They did'nt want to go back in, they wanted to keep running and airing the boat out. They said that ride was the best they ever had, and now they want to be part of the chicago offshore bunch.
Hey Frank if you ever need help with PROBLEMS like that let me know I will be there for you......BZ
Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Saw a nice red fountain out on the lake yesterday with a chain sticker...Was that you Brad?

Last edited by 30 outlaw 2005; 08-21-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 24 Posts

Big red runs! We went from Waukegan to North Ave beach and anchored. It was so bouncy at anchor that four of the six on the boat (not me) were getting very seasick. Very sick.... We left after an hour. Funny thing is all were smiling on the ride bouncing around going back. It seems the anchor deal was too much.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
I can verify this story. Frank, they were some hotties. I ended up going for a ride around 7pm, ran the boat around for a bit. I too spent the weekend at the harbor on the boat, good party you guys had at G-dock. Im temporarily on J dock.

Quick Reply: Chicago air and water show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.