Notices

A guy from 20 years ago?

Old 04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A guy from 20 years ago?

Years ago there was a guy named Bob Otringer (probably spelled incorrectly) in the Northern Illinois area who was into the offshore boating scene pretty heavy. He had a couple of race boats (one was a Signiture) that he called "Obsession" if I remember correctly. He was involved with the Cig dealer that was on the corner of rt-12 and Dundee rd in Paletine back then. He was from Deerfield and was married to a girl named Debbie. Anyone know this guy?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check with Sunshine State prison board to locate him.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered

nice
Old 04-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

If you find him, I know a guy named.........let's make up a name and say Frank with about 60,000 reasons why he is looking for him.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

bummer. No wonder he's gone.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

Default Really........................

My experience with Bob was all that great however thats not why I was wondering about him. I knew he was into some crooked stuff back then but I didn't know it all finally caught up with him. You guys might recall a story in the late '80s about a guy by the name of Papas. He was out of the South suburbs and ended up going bye-bye for life because of a ton of cocaine related stuff (including murder if I remember correctly). Anyway, Bob brought this same guy to my Marina in Fox Lake to test drive a Cafe Racer he had for sale. About a year later, he (Papas) was indicted and later convicted. Does anyone know if Bob went away becasue of his involvement with this guy?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

even nicer
Old 04-08-2007, 12:42 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
If you find him, I know a guy named.........let's make up a name and say Frank with about 60,000 reasons why he is looking for him.
Interesting, very interesting. Make that about 75,000 reasons to find him. One day sooner or later I will run into him. Then his REAL problems will start. Unless that is, he has 75000K PLUS interest that he owes me.
His going to jail was not related to the indictment of Johnny Cappos. Bob was in the process of selling a boat to John when the Feds were looking at John for an "attempted" murder. It was a high profile senators son that went dirty and almost got himself killed over it. The guy lived, so it was'nt murder, but it was still pretty serious.
Anyway, What's the big interest with Bob Oetringer???

BTW, Cappos did'nt get life, he got 40 years, and I think most of it came after he cussed the judge out and told him that when he gets out, he'll STILL have more money than the judge will ever see in HIS lifetime. That's what made it go from 20 to 40 yrs. If I remember correctly, Johnny was convicted on "conspiricy" charges, and a attempted murder.
I spoke to someone that knows him, and I found out that they appealed it several years ago and brought it back down to 20 years. This took place in May of 1991, so it looks like Johnny may be back boating pretty soon.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 04-08-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Default Thanks 10X

My memory is foggy after all these years. No big interest in Bob O, I just was wondering what ever happened to him. I remember the connection with the guy from the South side, but I didn't know if they were doing biz together. What did Bob O get locked up for?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:40 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
What did Bob O get locked up for?
I heard he was growing pot plants in the factory that he was supposed to be building boats in.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: A guy from 20 years ago?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.