Notices

River Shiver/ Chain O Lakes

Old 09-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
If this noise and speed enforcement gets out of hand, I will be getting a new hobby.
Come to the Big Pond, no BS out there! This noise stuff is starting to get out of hand!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

By the way, this guy went all out to be a real azzhat. Even after demonstrating his inability to parallel up to me and forgetting that he asked three times to see my life vest as we drifted into non-navigable waters I remained calm and compliant. His questions as to what my source of income, where my boat maintenance is performed, and is this really your home adress seems hardly relavant to a local noise ordinance violation. After an aditional 15 fruitless mins looking additional violations within my vessel' I was denied the officers card or the ability to use his pen to record the officers name for my records for reason of the officer's personal security.???Sorry for the rant but in 30 plus years living/boating on the chain I have never had such a negative experience with law enforcement. It's no secret as to who spends the coin on fuel/food/storage/homes in town. It will be hard for this place to survive on fisherman spending two dollars on bait and a bag of ice if the go fast are made to feel unwelcome. I hope this is an isolated case but if any of you have had a recent experience with this joker please let me know. This type of harassment is good for no one.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

That is unreal treatment. I think from now on I will start to carry my Vid camera on board so as to document the officers behavior. Heck they all have video in the cars, why can't we?? I will also take still pics as well. I will tell him it is for my lawyers use !!!

I would love to hit the big pond. But it is alot farther, can't run flat out anytime, and really Chicago is totally missing the game. There is nowhere to dock and eat or what ever unless you go to a harbor and then provide your own goodies. The city needs to build some docks off of Navy Pier or something. The revenue would be incredible, not to mention how it would draw tourists from Indiana and Michigan.

AO31-- You were not out of line at all with your rant. Evidently the officer knew he was out of line with what he was doing. A straight shooter would have no issues with giving you his name or badge number. What a J*G !!!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered

Sheesh!
I was gonna thrash to get my boat fixed for Sunday, but now, I don't know if I want the hassle.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry to hear about the ticket. You did not look too happy on Saturday when you were loading on the trailer. It is most unfortunate but the reality is they are enforcing the law. I agree there has been some attitude with some of the water police this year. Not all just a few. They have been really hard on all boats with loud exhaust at idle. Almost everywhere in the country noisy boats are being ticketed today. That is reality. I have been ticketed in the past as well. I have bought at least six pairs of mufflers all promised to get me legal. Down turns are so quiet the cops don't even look at me. Low 80's DB. CMI make those as well as the "Sound Elimination System Muffler". They are clamp on or transom mount. THEY DO WORK! They will open at 3000 rpm automatically. Nice thing is they will close back up if you pull back on the throttle if you see the boys in blue and cruise by nice and quiet. I also had some expensive switchable mufflers on my Motion that were 105 db off and 100 db on, not good. The CMI's got me to 88 db and I passed the test and allowed me to stay on the Chain. It will be interesting to see if they try to enforce the 75 db fly by test. I have a db meter and for kicks I sometimes stand on my pier and aim it at boats going by. Very few will pass the 75 db. Most crusier style boats are right at 75. That is very quiet. 70 db is no boats with wind and wave noise.

If interested Radio Shack sell DB meters for under $50.

Call Bill at Ateco and he will hook you up with some CMI's.
Attached Thumbnails River Shiver/ Chain O Lakes-down.jpg   River Shiver/ Chain O Lakes-2007_0109image0005.jpg  
Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 24 Posts

May I also strongly suggest we do not go down the river this year for the River Shiver. 50-70 offshore boats even going 45 mph will scare the locals and generate complaints. I will pass on going down the river with my boat and stay on the chain. We are only digging our own grave going down the river late in the season when it is so quiet and along comes a bunch of offshores.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

50 boats going down the river= suicide mission !!!

Don't go down the river !!!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

jUST FOLLOW ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK........
Old 10-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,000 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Earthwerks
jUST FOLLOW ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK........
LMAO!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered

Default Down the river

The only thing funnier would be Kirk riding shot gun in the blue canopy!!!!!!

Quick Reply: River Shiver/ Chain O Lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.