Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!! >

Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Notices

Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Old 12-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy on the board that has the issue is:

Director - Phil Bartmann
2301 West Fairview Avenue
Johnsburg, IL 60050
815-385-4224
(This info is from the Fox Waterway Agency website)

http://foxwaterway.state.il.us

http://63.135.96.26/about_us/profiles.cfm

Bartmann made the comment several weeks ago that most of the "big boats" were kicked off of Lake Geneva and showed up on the Chain. He then went on to say the "big boats" should be on Lake Michigan. I'm pretty sure that the mission of the Fox Waterway Agency isn't to determine that boats belong on other bodies of water.

Unfortunately, there is currently nobody on the board that represents the offshore community or that appears to be in touch with todays boater. The noise or speed issue isn't limited to offshore boats anyway!

Chairman Howard "Bud" Scott is fortunately the most reasonable/logical person on the board and understands that the speed is not the issue on the Chain. I expect that alcohol and reckless operation would be the top issues that need to be addresed. This agency is not and should not be someones personal soapbox or agenda

I plan to run for a Directors position on the board and will need 200 signatures. I am serious and would like your help once I get the paperwork filed.

Kirk J. Jurinek

Last edited by Elite Marine; 12-04-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:14 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kirk, I'm sure you could get at least double those signatures if you need to.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned
Gold Member

I am printing the applications and will determine the best method to collect signatures.

I see that Directors positions are 2 and 4 year. It isnt real clear on what determines the term. Nice and confusing to keep people from running. I may request a meeting with Bud to clarify some of the requirements and dates.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Kirk,
I am being accompanied by at least 20 people on the 13th. I can easily get you your 200 signatures just by making several calls.

As I understand it right now, there are only six people that constantly complain about things on the river. As we know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 2 of them have lived on the river for a long time and 4 are newbies. I guess they shouldn't have moved next to the airport if they don't like the noise ??? Also the sheer number of boats and the huge waves that happened as a result of the River Shiver really aggravated an already bad situation. You guys should never have gone down the river for that event. Oh well !!!

At the meeting on the 13th, there will be a 10 minute Q&A session at the end of the meeting. It will be controlled by the members, so we have to stay super cool. I think just our presence should say something and we should listen to what they are discussing and then plan our moves from there. I am also trying to get a few business owners to go as well.

See everybody there,

Smitty
Old 12-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned
Gold Member

The board is pretty reasonable and fair. With an exception...who happens to be one of the 6 complaining.

We have the NIOC well informed and hopefully like the last major issue there will be a packed house. Just remember you need to respectable and the best "demonstration" is the number of people that attend.

Bud is a very ogical guy and supports the Chain of Lakes as a recreational waterway for all boats. It's the other guy that doesn't get the reason the waterway exists.

Last edited by Elite Marine; 12-11-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

GOD this is such BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill be there and will be telling as many people as I can
Old 12-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Just remember, screaming and yelling will only make their point.

Like I said previously, a huge showing of concerned boaters speaks louder than anyone yelling!!

I hope to get some further info on the election process tomorrow and may have a the paperwork together for Thurs night.

See you there.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

As Kirk has stated we need to show up in big numbers but keep quiet too. The board WILL SHUT US DOWN if we get out of hand. I have a friend who will be there who has some insider info he will share.

How about afterwards we have a few holiday cheers beverages ??
Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I should be there. The beverages would be good also. I have to get away from work for a little while, but I think it is worth it...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Lets make it a BIG turnout!

Quick Reply: Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.