Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!! >

Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Notices

Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If everyone would simply add CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers to their Xmas list everyone would be happy.

15% Off until January 15!!! Let us know you want the Bartmann special for your discount!!
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

What !!! Put mufflers on to make it quiet for him ??? That's exactly what he wants. I am going to make sure my boat is no quieter than EXACTLY 90 db, and I will make repeated passes at 45 mph on the river!!!!

Just kidding !!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,127 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
What !!! Put mufflers on to make it quiet for him ??? That's exactly what he wants. I am going to make sure my boat is no quieter than EXACTLY 90 db, and I will make repeated passes at 45 mph on the river!!!!

Just kidding !!!
How about a 12V dump valve to divert the water going into the tail pipes out the side, making the tails a little more "dry" and make the exhaust "bark" a little louder! Hit the switch as you drive by and let him her ya! Then hit the switch back and quiet it back down to normal....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned
Gold Member

We can call that system the "Bartmann Select"
Old 12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Wally-- Great idea. I am also going to record some loud exhaust sounds and play them on my sound system as I go by. That should be worth at least another few DB's of sound!!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need to find an old a$$ pontoon with a 2 stroke out board, put an expansion chamber pipe on it and shoot it out the back of the cover . Then just hang out by his house fishing.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 24 Posts

All joking aside we need to work with the noise laws in place to keep this speed limit from gaining momentum with the public at large. The law is 90 db at idle behind the transom and 75 db on a fly by. Very, very few boats will pass the 75 db test even with mufflers unless the exhaust is under water and none will pass the 90 db test without mufflers or under water exhaust. If your boat is louder than a Bayliner you will not pass. We all need to try to keep the noise down. Last year I ran down turns on both of my boats and my idle test was 80 db. I still need to work on the on plane sound. The CMI mufflers are the best muffler on the market will keep you and all of us out of trouble. I have used them on two boats and even passed the test with Lake County on my 1000hp Motion.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

I have been on the noise bandwagon for a few years I always run my mufflers on the river and stay under 60 mph if crowded I slow it way down.

Would you rather be fast or loud If it wasnt for noise speed would prob not be a issue
Old 12-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Staying under 60...like you have a choice
Old 12-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Mr popular is also on the Mchenry Fire Dept board. Evidently tries to get on all the boards he can to make friends and try to feel important.

There is alot of info on Mr. Bartmann that should really be made public...in fact some is public record if you dig deep enough. Just the guy we need making decisions for us!!

Quick Reply: Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.