Notices

Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?

Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heard the numbers from GB tonite...not bad with 9 aboard and almost full tanks.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up It's all about "FUN", please keep it that way.

Frank,

You crack me up, who's stirring it up, you or Jamie???? We have alot less HP, but we will have some fun, heck, what's the worst that can happen, we run with them with alot less HP and have a beer at the end of the day while enjoying all the efforts of the Chicago Powerboat Club event?

Big Rick and Mike D are good guys and both have very nice Cigs. No problem on 4' - 5's, were in. Big Rick ran with us last year (you were with him) in 5' - 7's and we only had 525's and weren't we right next to you in our 42's? I love the comment, "And he said he'll run till you give up.", does he already have an appointment with Dave afterwards, because you know we won't lift and there is more than one card stop in run. The event has 4-5 stops so I suppose we should do the best of, so 3 of 5 or 3 of 4 legs is the reigning champion? Well all this good fun should help stimulate some boat entries for your run. Let me remind you how many 700 6 drive boats will be there, the odds are pretty good. If our 42 1075 boat is done, I will be sure not to include that one in this little challenge even though it's the same HP as there boats, it just wouldn't be fair. I guess we will just have to see what Chicago Poker Run water has in store for us, we have the entire first leg of the poker run to see how all the boats run and I am sure there will be some fast ones there. I will make sure that we run with Mike and Rick with our 42 525, 42 700 boat and 42 with 850's customers run with them. Jamie should not stir it up as I have not even talked to Jamie "Hey Scotty. Jamie mentioned to big Rick about you wanting to challenge him", never said it and so far from the truth but we are happy to run with everyone and have fun until the pace boat says the lake is all yours now and be safe. What Jamie needs to do is bring his boat out once in the rough waters of Lake Michigan now that the chain is closed.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Attached Thumbnails Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?-dsc03176.jpg   Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?-155_5537.jpg   Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?-dsc03717.jpg  

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 06-22-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Default 2,400HP / 109MPH Is Very Good

109MPH is very good, Dave builds a nice motor.

Originally Posted by Back4More
Old 06-22-2008, 10:31 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Big Scott, you know me, I "never" try to stir anything, but that Jamie guy, he's a regular wooden spoon.

All in fun, everyone is itching to do some hard runnin after a long winter of thinking about it. I'm sure that Rick and Mike will be up for any challenge, especially from a Fountain or 2, or 3, or 4, or whatever. Hope to see you on the lake soon, and when you're coming out, call me and I'll make sure you've got a spot to park in Diversy, so you can visit at the docks.

i'm gonna take some pics today.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered

Default Hope to get down there soon!!!!

Sounds good Frank, I will try to make it down to Diversy in the next few weeks. Wish I had more time but our kids have alot of commitments with sports and other on the weekends which minimizes the amount of time we have to boat on the weekends.

It's not a challenge so lets keep it in perspective and have fun at your poker run, it's only a few weeks away.

Tel Rick to try a set of 5 or 6 blade Herring's so he can see why they cost more. "Nice props aren't cheap and cheap props aren't nice".

Tell the crew we said hi.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Old 06-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Registered

Hey Frank...Did you not take any pics, give them up.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by shogren
Yeah, Looks like he has a good track record going.
If Big Rick wants to really get some speed out of that Cig, there should be some EFI/305AX Whipples on top of those.
Attached Thumbnails Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?-305ax-side.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 06-23-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up It IS all about fun !

Hello Scott,

A few clarifications, starting at the top :

1) Cigarette's also weigh more than what is published.

2) I was just kidding about the Cigarette / Cat Killer reference, lighten up ! I agree, Reggie has been and is very good for this sport.

3) 800's ? I have naturally aspirated 231 cu in V6's in it. Feel free to pace me all you like but you wont have any fun at 38 mph. Although, there are better props on it now that work much better than the ones that were on it when you sold it to me. I can get 42 mph out of it now !

4) Not sure where the "challenge" part came from in all this because thats not a word I used when mentioning to Rick that his boat was being spoke about on OSO. I merely told Rick that his and Mikes boat was being talked about in terms of which one being faster and that lots of people were wanting to find out. I then mentioned that you posted about wanting to get in on any so-called run. I never used the word challenge. So, there is no pot stirring on my end. If anything, you knew it would brew a little all by itself with you making your "I wanna run too" post.

5) Bring my boat to Lake Michigan and not the Chain ?? LOL Scott, my Cig has never even been on the Chain / I've never used it on the Chain and I ONLY boat on Lake Michigan with it. I like rough water and nothing breaks down in the cabin of my Cig when running in it. I launch out of Diversy.

Saw you called yesterday, prolly about this. I called you on Friday to ask about you ever getting that Donzi express cruiser on trade you mentioned a few months back but Greg told me the deal never materialized.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Question 2,400HP / 109MPH Is Very Good

Originally Posted by shogren
What boat is this ?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
Sounds like there is a third 46'. Do tell!!!

Quick Reply: Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.