Notices

Chicago-Scene boat party

Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I recall looking over while outside the breakwall and to my right was that 33 scarab, he was running real well in that slop, although he disappeared from my sight a couple times in some holes.

I was in a real pickle when my drive let go. Being right at the mouth of hammond, it was either go in and party it up, or chalk up the day and head back to my marina on the cal sag. Decided to do the cal sag route. Took 3 hours of idleing to get back and thru the locks. Should have just pulled in hammond and trailered it out sunday.

My favorite part of the day was watching my buddy art(39ft aronow cat) hammer down just outside the breakwalls near the pen. We were doing about 35mph when he let it rip. Seeing that thing flying thru the air and busting some of those swells was awesome. Not the fastest boat, but what a frigin tank that cat is. Not even a loose screw after that run.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would of had fun in 3' water.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

33 Scarab was Little Dennis. He topped 80 running home! Freaking nutbag!

10:30 Friday night we were sitting on our dock when the front came thru...it was like watching a graphic on the Weather Channel...a big long line of clouds across the sky followed by a north wind. I got up early and went for a run, and knew we were gonna be in trouble. We rallied on the docks and said "Lets give it a try." BZ was first thru the wall and came out of it right away, Obnoxus slowed down and stayed in it, Little D went through at around 50, but stood the boat on it's a$$ and slowed down right away. I saw 38 mph once on the way down, but the drives were coming out of the water at 25. Never have I been so happy to make it to the city!

We attempted to raft off right behind the main row of boats, and did a spectacular job of manuvering in place and tying off...but none of our anchors held! We drifted almost all the way across the pen and ended up in the bleachers! It was alright, though...we were away from much of the chaos when we went to leave.

Our raft was 3 35 Fountains, 3 42 Fountains, 38 Fountain SC, 38 Nortech, 47 Outerlimits, 36 Baja, 29 Baja, 33 Scarab, 353 Formula, 35 Sonic and a Carver flybridge.

The ride home was a fun one...I was passing the Nortech and Bob Z on the inside at about 65 when my overheat alarm went off...had a hose collapse or something...idled in drinking the Downscope I had picked up on the way to the harbor Friday. Good day for sure.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Our raft was 3 35 Fountains, 3 42 Fountains, 38 Fountain SC, 38 Nortech, 47 Outerlimits, 36 Baja, 29 Baja, 33 Scarab, 353 Formula, 35 Sonic and a Carver flybridge.
+ 28 Pantera

Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I recall looking over while outside the breakwall and to my right was that 33 scarab, he was running real well in that slop, although he disappeared from my sight a couple times in some holes.

I was in a real pickle when my drive let go. Being right at the mouth of hammond, it was either go in and party it up, or chalk up the day and head back to my marina on the cal sag. Decided to do the cal sag route. Took 3 hours of idleing to get back and thru the locks. Should have just pulled in hammond and trailered it out sunday.

My favorite part of the day was watching my buddy art(39ft aronow cat) hammer down just outside the breakwalls near the pen. We were doing about 35mph when he let it rip. Seeing that thing flying thru the air and busting some of those swells was awesome. Not the fastest boat, but what a frigin tank that cat is. Not even a loose screw after that run.
There is an Aronow cat on Lake Michigan? Where is it out of? I would love to see that. Like you said not the fastest boat, but from everything I have heard it can go through just about anything.

Was the Scene turnout a lot less this year due to the conditions?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

Lee got some shots of you guys.
Attached Thumbnails Chicago-Scene boat party-digital_file1_323.jpg   Chicago-Scene boat party-digital_file1_330.jpg   Chicago-Scene boat party-digital_file1_335.jpg  

Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baddogz28
+ 28 Pantera

Sorry bro...should've been sure to include you...you worked the hardest to get there!!!

Cool pics Dan!!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
There is an Aronow cat on Lake Michigan? Where is it out of? I would love to see that. Like you said not the fastest boat, but from everything I have heard it can go through just about anything.

Was the Scene turnout a lot less this year due to the conditions?
USA Racing cat is called "*****in"...he's keeps it on the Calumet River...I first saw that boat when I was in high school and fell in love.

And no...the Scene was BUMPIN...seemed like the usual amount of craziness.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
USA Racing cat is called "*****in"...he's keeps it on the Calumet River...I first saw that boat when I was in high school and fell in love.

And no...the Scene was BUMPIN...seemed like the usual amount of craziness.
Yea, those USA Racing cats are unique. I found a 27' one for sale on another site for 15 grand, it was Vanilla Ice's boat, which in my mind makes it worth less, haha.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum....php?p=1415328

Good to hear Scene was packed. Hopefully next year Ill actually make it. Anyone get pictures of the "craziness?"

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 08-04-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by candyman35
Lee got some shots of you guys.
Great shots! Thanks for posting them up. Do you have any bigger files that you could email me?

Quick Reply: Chicago-Scene boat party

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.