Notices

Cost of fuel

Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of fuel

With the cost of fuel, I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford to race this boat.
Attached Thumbnails Cost of fuel-353582xegd_w.jpg  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

Everybody pays.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 247 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Everybody pays.
Good luck with that!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Registered

I was originally selling my Wellcraft to upsize. It sold, and I bought a muscle car. Gas prices are not that bad when I don't have to gas up the trailer vehicle and the boat just to go somewhere. Plus a weekend run downtown cost's a bit less.
I am waiting to see what happens with gas prices before getting back into powerboating. It is starting to become a rich man's hobby again. I miss boating, and am sure I will be out on the water again...I am just going to take the wait and see approach.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 247 Likes on 123 Posts

To me Boating is a lifestyle not a sport,I don't see gas prices coming down anytime soon,or down at all.so get out use the boat and have FUN!!
When I'am out on the boat with my wife or friends,a cool drink in my hand and some Jimmy buffett music on the radio I forget about the gas prices pretty quick.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it's a seasonal thing. Not like we do it 12 months a year. I figure that the fuel costs about a dollar more a gal. than last summer, so if I burn 100 gals over a weekend, it really only costs me another 100 bucks to have a fun weekend.
I try to snag it from the wife's clothes allowance expense. NOT !!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Engine Co 454
I was originally selling my Wellcraft to upsize. It sold, and I bought a muscle car. Gas prices are not that bad when I don't have to gas up the trailer vehicle and the boat just to go somewhere. Plus a weekend run downtown cost's a bit less.
I am waiting to see what happens with gas prices before getting back into powerboating. It is starting to become a rich man's hobby again. I miss boating, and am sure I will be out on the water again...I am just going to take the wait and see approach.
I was wondering what happened to you! What kind of car did you buy? I'll probably be riding past your homestead today on my way home (doing a circuitous route to get some road miles in).
Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't put a price on fun
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I was wondering what happened to you! What kind of car did you buy? I'll probably be riding past your homestead today on my way home (doing a circuitous route to get some road miles in).
We bought a 71 Camaro. You can't miss us, it is lime green. It has a small block crate motor, race trans/rearend, supercharger, lowered w/18" wheels.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered

I am pretty sure we will be back on the water. I know the little guy misses the boat. I still catch the wife surfing GSC's website. Kinda hard to miss the boat screaming on the computer speakers. We were about 1K away from getting a 99 25 Outlaw, but could not get 10K that we wanted for our trade. After we walked away from the offer of 9, GSC called a few times but never responded to our return calls or emails?? I may be getting a job at another fire department. So all that combined, we decided on a car.

Quick Reply: Cost of fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.