Notices

october boating

Old 10-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts
Default october boating

Anyone running the south shore tomorrow? I will be out with dmaxximus in the Apache.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be greasing my trailer bearings...leaving Thursday for Put-In-Bay for Halloween at the Bay...
Old 10-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Forget the trailer bearings...You better be putting extra stringers in the boat.. It`s Lake Erie don`t foget!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:55 PM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike
I bet that is a hoot for a Halloween party. Where are you staying?
Rick
Old 10-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rv
Mike
I bet that is a hoot for a Halloween party. Where are you staying?
Rick
Hey Rick...it's an AWESOME time. Second year we've done Halloween at the Bay...last year we just took the truck over and stayed on bigboat28's Formula cruiser. This year we were on B dock...and I was rafted between RT930Turbo and jriggs...BOTH with 47 Fountains. My AT looked like a bathtub toy, lol. I told Michelle we need to make new friends with that have smaller boats.

The Island is not terribly crowded, and many of the bars are closed, but, being as it is Put In Bay, there are still a BUNCH of bars open...I think we went to 5 or 6...maybe more. Great people watching, some awesome costumes too.

Weather was good...rained a bit on Saturday, but was near 70 degrees when the sun was out. Wind changed out of the north Sat night, blowing like 20 mph all night, so we had some 4 foot following seas for the run back to the ramp. I couldn't keep the boat in the water, lol...only got up to like 72-73...the 47s both hit 90.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:50 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you had a great time. This time of year and getting 70 deg I would say you did good!