Notices

OPA Winter Meeting and Awards Party

Old 01-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OPA Winter Meeting and Awards Party

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Are those 2 options the only things that are up for a vote? Are the rest of the rules the same as last year?
MD
From the choice between one and two, a few more adjustments can be made. Remember, the objective is to lock the rules down for three years so we can build upon it.

The discussion should revolve around leveling the playing field.
Lets focus on the big picture and try to get it right.

Also, it might be nice if someone would point out some positives, such as nice juicy $25,000 purses, racing in Point Pleasant, no entry fees. Do you think this stuff happens on it's own?

PS - We are getting new large orange pillows - thanks for the input - and that's why registration money is needed now.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mmwalters
I would think an open door policy would promote the OPA much better then a secret meeting
Secret meeting??? How can you even say that.

The meeting is for racers with skin in the game, not non racers. Once the meeting is over, the outcome will be announced ten minutes later. So you'll have the info you need, just not the opportunity to vote on it. You can register at any time prior to any race in the season. I'm sure you'll have all the info possible, plus a 2006 rule book to review before deciding to race or not.

I think you'll agree, less people makes for a more orderly meeting, especially when there will be a good sized crowd anyhow.

Last edited by Ron P; 01-29-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,097 Likes on 293 Posts

Is that schedule official?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I would like to thank John H. and all the people of OPA for trying to make this the best year of racing in OPA history! Lets kick a$$ this year guys and support our leaders.
THANK YOU
MD
Old 01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Driver-441
Racer

yaaaaa Go Opa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I like option #1. Sharkey with all due respect, I'm in favor of the meeting being for riding crew members only! Unless you are committed to racing the season, you shouldn't have a say in the rules. We very rarely have a chance to get together as a group and have very little time to discuss the pro's & con's of what needs to be voted on. If there are too many people involved in the discussion we won't accomplish anything.

Last edited by TomR; 01-29-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Is that schedule official?

So far.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Great now we are really getting somewhere!
Originally Posted by TomR
I like option #1. Sharkey with all due respect, I'm in favor of the meeting being for riding crew members only! Unless you are committed to racing the season, you shouldn't have a say in the rules. We very rarely have a chance to get together as a group and have very little time to discuss the pro's & con's of what needs to be voted on. If there are too many people involved in the discussion we won't accomplish anything.
I agree 100 percent.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

The only two rule changes that are on the table are the rules listed publicly, right here. Suggestions and ideas are great, but what it comes down to is the decision makers should be the racers with a vested interest.
If you look at the two options listed above and feel if one of the two were adopted you won't race, keep your money and wait until the outcome to make your decision.
It is funny how people hear what they want. The promise from OPA has never been anything else but no entrance fees. As part of that statement it was said the OPA would TRY to have a 25k purse. They have been extremely successful in achieving the purse goal, and that is a bonus.
What is being done with OPA is in my opinion, revolutionary in the sport.
If you want to be part of an orgization that thinks outside th box and sole purpose of being is to benefit its members, pay your registration fees, attend the meeting, voice your opinion, and get ready for the ride of your life.
I will go out on a limb here. I am not a decision maker for OPA, but I would be willing to bet that if you showed up to the winter meetings with your check and decide it snot for you, I think your check would probably be returned to you before you left

Its simple in my eyes, OPA and its staff give, give, give, and give some more of their time, money, and energy. For some, its evidently not enough.
To these people I say this; GO FISHING.

Sharkey, you mean well and you heart seems to be in the right place, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. I know every idea on this board is discussed at some level with OPA. If enough racers feel an idea has merit, it will be brought up at the winter meetings. If you have ideas to help the sport, and some great ones have been put on the table by non racers, by all means post them. email them, and get them out. OPA is not about alienating anyone, but rules and guidelines need to be in effect with regard to the decision making process.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:37 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: OPA Winter Meeting and Awards Party

Originally Posted by ScottB
Suggestions and ideas are great, but what it comes down to is the decision makers should be the racers with a vested interest.
Scott,

I never disagreed with that. I totally agree actually!

But it was my understanding that ideas and suggestions were going to heard at this meeting, therefore I felt it was only right to have potential racers to be allowed in before making their final decision.

That being said, you cleared the air, and this meeting is not about looking for ways to improve the sport, but to simply be a vote on these 2 items...

Thanks for your input Scott!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 01-29-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Quick Reply: OPA Winter Meeting and Awards Party

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.