2006 OPA Rule Book Is Posted

Notices

2006 OPA Rule Book Is Posted

Old 04-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 OPA Rule Book Is Posted

Originally Posted by Underdog88
Bruce, I'm just a newby, but isn't half the payout, vrs the investment required(equipment fees and membership 700 bucks w/no entry) still the best bang for the buck out there? It looks that way to me... but I'm bad at math.
Underdog....
It has nothing to do with the dollar in vs dollar out. It has to do with principle.

I brought this up at the meeting and it was a big joke. So I guess now is the time to discuss it.

Hypothetical situation. take a team, any team that runs a full schedule with another organization, all over the country. Now that team comes out to race with OPA because A: there are no entry fees and B: a $25,000 purse. Which, is why all these teams are comin out. This team wants to support OPA and would like to run 4 minimum races, but cant fit them in. Now, if the team wins or even places, he's got to wait till the end of the season to collect the other half of his winnings and only if he does four races or more. Im sorry, but it Sounds unreasonable to me. I just think the teams should be paid in full at the end of the day.

This is not what I was led to believe when announced in Camden.....

Underdog.....welcome to OPA.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered

The teams get their full payout after they complete the forth race. Sorry need a guaranteed boat count. you cant build a series on promises. Good luck in SVL. You'll need it. Again this is Smitty using Boomer S.N.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Well Smitty, I cant guarantee 4 races. So, if its not too much trouble, please send back my reg fees and I'll run the races that I can commit to.

Good luck to you as well... Im sure you will need it.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Heres another scenerio

A team who plans to run OPA only, wins the first race and has 2500 coming to them.

they get 1250 and blow a motor or drive in race two, but cant afford to replace it. Now, that 1250 your holding is important for them to get back together.

what do they do now?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't know the answer but it is a problem for OSS race teams if you have to race 4 races to get your money. I also understand that you need a commitment for the race sites. The last thing OPA needs is to have teams not show up. On the other hand some prize money is better than none!
Is there an issue with not having enough teams at some of the sites? With 50 plus teams registered I would think getting 25 teams min. at every race should be easy. How about sending out that ballot to each team asking which race they will commit to.This way you can see if there is a problem. If they don't show up to the race then penalize them, not the winners. If they don't pre register on the ballot and then show hold back some of there winnings. Just some ideas to make it good for all.
MD
Old 04-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

I don't have an issue with 4 races,but Bruce has a valid point for the teams that you also want them to participate even when racing other organizations, And where exactly does the hold back go to. There are many scenarios for teams,business,family obligations,god forbid illness,and as pointed out break downs for the small classes this can be an issue.Can everyone afford to fix within two weeks time. And with this many teams and us on the coast we are doing the most travel , I hope the brothers step up to our coastal races. This is ultimately a two way street between our mid west group an ourselves.