We built it, when will you come? >

We built it, when will you come?

Notices

We built it, when will you come?

Old 04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: We built it, when will you come?

What is wrong with Florida???

What did we do to cause you to divorce us blue hair fans??
Old 04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

So far, more coming in daily.

Stylin P1 - 17
Pro Marine Racing P1 - 388
Reliable Carriers P1 - 40
Devastation P2 - 30
Obsession P3 - 8
AMF/LaveyCraft P4 - 11
Specialized racing P4 - 12
Team Jersey Boyz P4 - 13
Offshore Princess P4 - 26
Still Got It! P4 - 60
Simply Awesome P4 - 66
Papa Dukes P5 - 1
Team Joker P5 - 10
FRIENDSHIP 1 P5 - 11
Wahoo Racing P5 - 14
Sonic Boom P5 - 15
Typhoon P5 - 29
Goumada P5 - 38
Bounty Hunter P5 - 5
CRIME PAYS P5 - 99
Offshore Addiction P5-11
Reliable Carriers PX - 20
Platinum Princess PX - 26
Turbine Marine PX - 13
Old 04-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

C'mon OPA racers, fill out the form, let us know where you'll show this year.

http://oparacing.homestead.com/Racecommitment.html
Old 04-13-2006, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc, as much as we love the Florida Weather it's a lot of miles to travel and we all have jobs so we tried to get races within a 10 hour drive from Jersey. Some of us will run some south races and we would encourage our southern brothers to come up and support OPA and The Jersey Boyz as we have them in the past BUT we know the ONLY boat to show up would be Joe Sgro and Peter Meyer of Instigator. This will be a very interesting year. Marc, we gotta do what we gotta do for ALL the OPA Teams. Sometimes it's gotta be business and not personal!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Marc, Augie is right. OPA is growing, and we just cant expect everyone to travel to FLA. every weekend. We have developed a series for the northern crowd. We are not discouraging anyone from going south if they wish. Just after years of solid support from the Boyz, We asked for some support last year and received none. So, To all the racers, you have all kinds of options this season, there are no excuses. Get em out and getum racin, where ever your heart desires. Smitty
Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Augie, Wazzup..

No problem...

As you know I favor no single class and or organization and have the utmost respect for all drivers, crews and families. And understand the traveling burden/costs.

I am just having a senior moment wondering just how far will the race events and boat counts dwindle in our little state

Thanks for your responses...

marc
Old 04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Marc, Florida has the most awsome race sites in the Country. I know I have run them all. As far as boat count, that is up to the teams in the South. SBI offers beautiful sites and safe races. No reason why there are not a pile of boats there. Smitty
Old 04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Marc, Florida has the most awsome race sites in the Country. I know I have run them all. As far as boat count, that is up to the teams in the South. SBI offers beautiful sites and safe races. No reason why there are not a pile of boats there. Smitty

Now is safe to go back in the water, you are not racing!!!!!we are going you miss you guys....
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Unfortunately, for the same reason the Jersey Boyz don't come south too often...we don't go north...just too far to travel from here...not enough time off from work and with fuel prices rising (again), it's gettin' more expensive just to get to the race sites.

So OPA covers the north, SBI/APBA the south, and OSS somewhere in between. The point is, the sport is growing and each organization is establishing themselves at what hope to become recurring venues.

Best of luck to all and I salute all the racing organizations for what they're doing to promote offshore racing as a whole.

Sean
Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TGOR
Unfortunately, for the same reason the Jersey Boyz don't come south too often...we don't go north...just too far to travel from here...not enough time off from work and with fuel prices rising (again), it's gettin' more expensive just to get to the race sites.

So OPA covers the north, SBI/APBA the south, and OSS somewhere in between. The point is, the sport is growing and each organization is establishing themselves at what hope to become recurring venues.

Best of luck to all and I salute all the racing organizations for what they're doing to promote offshore racing as a whole.

Sean
You southern boyz never came up here, even when gas was cheaper and when you said you would support OPA at least once or twice. Race time comes and everyone has an excuse.

Quick Reply: We built it, when will you come?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.