Mentor Race - Road Construction Update >

Mentor Race - Road Construction Update

Notices

Mentor Race - Road Construction Update

Old 07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Mentor Race - Road Construction Update

For those of you coming in this weekend for the Mentor race, the Ohio "State Weed" (orange barrell) is popping up again. The following is short list of places to watch out/avoid if possible:

1. Interstate 90 between mile marker 188 (State Route 91) and 199 (just west of State Route 44) has the eastbound lanes closed for expansion. Traffic has been diverted to the westbound lanes.

If you are coming from the east on 1-90 (Erie Pa), suggest that you exit at State Route 44 (MM 200) and proceed north to State Route 2 West. Proceed west to State Route 615, exit there, turn right and head north on 615. Follow the signs to the pits.

If you are coming up on I-271 from the south (I-80 and I-76 from out east as well), suggest that you follow I-90 west (the Euclid Exit) when I-271 ends. Follow this to State Route 2 east (Painesville) to State Route 615, exit there, turn left, and head north on 615. Follow the signs to the pits.

2. Interstate 90 between State Routes 45 & 534 east of Mentor also has the eastbound lanes closed, with the traffic being diverted to the westbound lanes. There's no getting around this one.

3. Rumor has it that I-280 between I-75 and the Ohio turnpike has it's usual problems with the new bridge over the Toledo river. Might want to consider bypassing that all together and going straight to the turnpike from I-75.

4. In Mentor itself, State Route 306 north of Lakeshore Boulevard (SR 283) is closed. Traffic is detoured east on Lakeshore Blvd to Andrews Road, and then you proceed north on Andrews to Lakeshore (same name, but 2 different roads). It is off of this "Lakeshore Blvd" that you turn into MHYC and the pits.

The closing of SR 306 shouldn't be a hassle, it just eliminates a "shortcut" that many of the map-making Internet software might give you.

Have a safe trip, see everyone this weekend!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mentor Race - Road Construction Update

TTT - for those who are leaving tonight or tomorrow morning!