Notices

Orl

Old 12-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Orl

Jim, I will kick your a$$$$$$ east coast style all year long. If you think you have what it takes then man-up with that Warlock and bring on a challenge. Until then you are just a washed up F1 racer looking for some gratification on the keyboard. You never had a shot against Typhoon in your hay day before you chucked out your driver. Get that old boat ready for another a$$ whipping.
ORL style
MD
Old 12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring that broken down putty filled termite infested green bomb out and lets see if if you can keep her running more than one lap. You got to finish to win. And remember, finishing doesn't mean holding onto a tow rope.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,
To answer your question the mapie 3 boxes on the 500' EFI can be programed by Tyler. When Tyler or Innovation builds a motor they uses the 500 program in the boxes. The motors on a dyno will meet spec. no different then before. 500 EFI are usally any where between 495 to 518 HP, with the rev limiters set at 5250RPMs.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
What do you mean when you say recalibrate the engine? Isn't a stock ECM from merc something that cant be changed? Maybe we could just put them all in a pile before the race and each take one out if we feel there is a problem.
Also is this just a stock Merc 500 EFI class only? or will there be other manufactures or even carb 500 motors. Be careful guys and remember the past with multiplies motors. At the end of F1 it was the idea of 1 motor,1 drive, 1 weight that most racers wanted for parity. If we are starting new we need to know the vision of what we are racing for. State it now so we all know what the vision is on motors.
Just my 2 cents but I like the 1 motor only program keep it simple and the racing between the racers not the motor builders. The motor builders can rebuild and dyno all new motors that dont have a APBA/ Innovation seal on them.
MD

Randy We are going to make all the engines the same. If someone has a old carb 500 we will upgrade it to a EFI and make them all the same. I clear out the ECU get rid of mercurys program and put my own in. We just wanted to look at each engine because there were engines in circulation that had extra work done like lightweight crank work, angle milled heads that don't show much power but gives a big acceleration advantage. I also will log every engine and Whistle test every engine for compression and have on file.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Jim, are you saying you will be back out? Who will you put in the boat with you? You have to be pretty rusty by now!!

MD
Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Registered

And the great news is Tyler said he would do the work for free........opps....I forgot....that was only a wish I put into Santa for X-MAS.....
Old 12-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Tyler built my motor for us last year and we raced every race including the Worlds without a problem . He builds a great motor and stands behind his work 100% . We ran 14 races and have 40 hrs on the motor and have done nothing but change the oil . The motor is as good if not BETTER then my old 500 EFI that I ran in my Fountain.
Anyone thinking about building a new motor believe don't hesitate you'll be very happy.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
And the great news is Tyler said he would do the work for free........opps....I forgot....that was only a wish I put into Santa for X-MAS.....

Gino the fumes must have gotten to you in that canopied boat getting back out in a open boat might straighten you out
Old 12-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Jim:

Rules are written and will be published this week. We're racing with OPA and I'll let you know which races before 2007. Tyler Crockett is the East Coast engine re-sealer and a West Coast engine company will be announced when the rules come out. Hang in there , everything is looking great. Call me if you have any more questions.

Brian Hollis
www.OffshoreRacingLeague.com
770-560-3747
Brian,
Any progress yet?
Tyler,
You can Email me the info or pm it please.
Thanks, JIm
Old 12-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Schedule and rules will be out this week. They're done I just need to rap w/ Smitty one more time.

Quick Reply: Orl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.