Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Notices

Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Old 12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

We will wait to see how OPA votes, however, OPA has done alot for and spent some $ on its classes, rules and GPS. So to change speeds down to the SBI brackets would require and good size investment in Props, testing and additional travel. We will follow OPA, but to make those changes will probaly cost an additional $6000.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

Randy,
The Worlds is for the racers and they make a choice where they want to race. Everyone is invited and it is wide open...why does it have to be 3-4 organizations ? Race where you want all year and then the Worlds where you want. From what i'm seeing looks like alot of racers are making the choice. You might not agree but again that is your choice.
If i remember correctly when OSS went to a OPA race it wasn't the OPA /OSS race it was the OPA race site ( Smitty made that very clear) and OSS racers went NOT OSS. What is any different ?? and i know what your trying to say , certain people want to also try and control the Worlds but that isnt going to happen . Its not bad or good just the way it is , so dont try and make it something its not. To many chiefs and not enough Indians , worry about racing and where you want to race and it will all work out . JC has put on more races then anyone out there and I'm sure he can handle the Worlds on his own . Must be doing a great job or SBI/APBPA wouldnt have 15 cities this year and a waiting list of cities that are looking for races.
Did you ever think maybe the reason he has the race is because who he is and what he has done , and if that changes maybe the city wouldnt feel as comfortable . They know he will do what he says , and r very happy and comfortable with that . No different then any other company that works with another.
They know he isnt going to leave the city owing them money like some other group have done it the past .
The point I'm trying to make is that you always make it an ego thing and there is really so much more to the reason of why things are being done and nothing about what you try to spin it into . SBI/APBA is taking huge step in the right direction for Offshore Racing so I dont see your beef , and he has prove it year after year. Not that it matter but what has the other Major organization done .
Do u allow your employee to make decision of how u run your company, or do u allow other companies to make decision for u ...I hope to god not. So why should JC run his business any different then u ??? I dont get all your issues, and really none of this has to do with you anyway .
Old 12-23-2006, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

fastedy, your also correct. Everything Smitty and I plus a few others have done was with the OPA RACERS BEST INTREST at hand and it will continue that way. Our teams will have a say now go wrap the presents for your kids and get the fu$k off the computer . HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would there be a p6 class in key west or would the p6 boats get bumped to p5?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
If i remember correctly when OSS went to a OPA race it wasn't the OPA /OSS race it was the OPA race site ( Smitty made that very clear) and OSS racers went NOT OSS.

If your referring to St Clair, you half right. It was the OPA race site but OPA raced and OSS raced. Some OSS boats ran OPA but it was still two seperate organizations and two different races. Same when we went to the Worlds in Destin.

Randy, and others, are wondering why it cant be the same in KW ..

Your statement, "Do u allow your employee to make decision of how u run your company, or do u allow other companies to make decision for u ...I hope to god not. So why should JC run his business any different then u ???" Not all companies/bosses need to be dictators ... some rely on teamwork to get the job done .. works well in my office.. and OPA.

Fastedy ... I think we are thinkin about KW cuz its COLD up here
Old 12-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
I'm not a 100% sure but I don't think the fee's haven't change for yrs they are pretty much the same as they have been. SBI/APBA didn't raise their fee when they took APBA , SBI has covered the extra cost and fee's that get paid to APBA and HAVEN"T pass them on to the racers.
As far as I remember the fee's haven't changed, but the one race or per race fee has been gone from the SBI for 2yrs since UIM got involved. We had to pay for a whole season to race one race in New York 2 seasons ago, and that was with no safety copters in the air. Lets not kill this thing, myself and all my fellow OPA racers have tipped there hand and made it known we prefer Key West. I think racing together is a boon to our sport and I would love to see it happen, our team goes where the OPA goes. But remember one thing we are the entertainment and as such the OPA philosophy of the racers not paying to race is the future. I'm sure that if SBI needed money for the extra costs, sponsor help would be more available with the larger boat count. We're all big dogs and to expect one to lay on his back submissively while the other struts ain't gonna happen. Mutual respect is what we need and this will work, Happy Holidays! C U in Da Keys!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Frank, let me help you with this. You ask why does it have to be 3-4 organizations? Because they all have different rules!!!!! So who's rules and inspectors? These are the things that need to be discussed to move forward. I am not bashing or spinning Im trying to help you see the light. There needs to be a meeting of the minds with some give and take to unify all the boats for the worlds in KW. It can not be the SBI way or dont come attitude. Cant it just be called the worlds and everyone bring your own flag?
MD
Old 12-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Frank, let me help you with this. You ask why does it have to be 3-4 organizations? Because they all have different rules!!!!! So who's rules and inspectors? These are the things that need to be discussed to move forward. I am not bashing or spinning Im trying to help you see the light. There needs to be a meeting of the minds with some give and take to unify all the boats for the worlds in KW. It can not be the SBI way or dont come attitude. Cant it just be called the worlds and everyone bring your own flag?
MD
I'm with Randy, the worlds is a combination of all the orgs or is it truly the worlds? And yes all my employees make decisions for me, I hire them cause the can do something that I can't do while I'm doin something else(or something like that uh huh huh) And yes my customers ultimatly tell me what they want, I do it and then thay pay me so I can spend it on racing.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO
Big Dogs mini poodles Merry Christmas and happy new year 2007 hope it is the keys
Where is nine lives when you need him, lol
Old 12-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

SBI/APBA has a Governing Board also and they are all collectively working hard on this. They also take the input from every team , and that's is one of the main reasons the rule change allows racers that have raced 2 races with any Group not just with SBI/APBA ...

I'm sure it will all work out with time , if we all are positive and are working toward the same goal .

Its all GOOD

Quick Reply: Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.