Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West >

Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Notices

Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Old 12-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Thats a good idea but the problem is a lot of cities including KW will only give a contract to certain individuals because of credibility, and past relationships . There is a lot involved with Police,Coast Guard, Fire Dept, City Council, Insurances, Money, Attorneys, and Permitting .
Also someone would have to put their neck online for a half Million dollars. Don't be mistaken it can be very expensive, a possible loosing proposition... The year we had the APBA, OSS and SBI run an untied race SBI lost money putting on that race when all was said and done because they held the contract.
Everyone thinks its easy and just thinks, "hey, let just all race together," but I sometimes think no one has a clue what it really takes. It cost $540,000.00 when all was said and done last time. I'm sure OSS is well aware of this I can only imagine what Destin cost last year for them. It is a lot for anyone to take on and be responsible for to try and make work.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Racer
Racer

Wasn't Destin "open" to anyone who wanted to race? I don't think OPA turned anyone away and there was an awesome turnout. It would be great to have SBI join OPA, POPRA, OSS and anyone else to have a combined worlds anywhere. I do believe OPA should continue to build upon its success by enforcing its fees and rules. No organization is growing faster. Key West or Destin. Wherever OPA goes we will go and win another championship!
Old 12-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen,

Take a breather. relax....turn your computers off. enjoy the Holiday.

Maybe, just maybe if your GOOD! Santa will bring all the RACERS and FAN's what they want for the Holidays. DO YOU BELEVE IN SANTA?

Happy Holidays

Your friend,

Marc
Old 12-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Marc,

Best to you and your family have a Happy and Health Holidays .
Old 12-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racegirl...Sorry I've been off the computer for the last 3 or so days....

In respons to your coment that I made to Frank about Typhoon

If you have not figured it out yet....Randy took a shoot at Frank and SBI/APBA about the boat count...and I responed to Frank....

And like we all know Randy, he then went and changed his post....Its just how he makes stupid comments and they when he's called on it...he changes it.....

Yes, I think its great that the OPA racers get to vote on things...that's why I started this post asking....
Old 12-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Wasn't Destin "open" to anyone who wanted to race? I don't think OPA turned anyone away and there was an awesome turnout. It would be great to have SBI join OPA, POPRA, OSS and anyone else to have a combined worlds anywhere. I do believe OPA should continue to build upon its success by enforcing its fees and rules. No organization is growing faster. Key West or Destin. Wherever OPA goes we will go and win another championship!
I agree with Wahoo! Except the last part of course, we are gonna be on them like a bum on a baloney sandwich!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

There once was a boy that told every body he was a Navy Seal but was caught as a liar and now wants respect from others. Can you guess who this is????
MD
Old 12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Racer
Racer

Come on guys, can we make another thread were you can take pot shots at each other. This is about where we are gonna race for the worlds? ain't it?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Guys, Please show a little respect for each other. It is true we all have different ideas on how things should be done. But in the long run, we all love the same thing.....Racing. Let the powers to be work things out for you. Trust me when I tell you, many people are working towards KW. I myself have had a few phone conversations, the lines of communication are open, and friendly. We have a lot of racing to do before we get to the Worlds. I want to wish you all a Happy New Year. Smitty
Old 12-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Registered

Smitty....thanks for the info....and its great to see that all options are being looked at to get us all racing together again......

Quick Reply: Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.