Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
What a weekend!! OC..OPA big winners!!! >

What a weekend!! OC..OPA big winners!!!

Notices

What a weekend!! OC..OPA big winners!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up What a weekend!! OC..OPA big winners!!!

Despite some minor technecal issues for Miss G this was a very memerable weekend for Scott and myself.

Imagine this for a couple of "little guys" who like most of you grew up watching classic offshore. Hummin down the straight with Gerry Gilbreath over top of you coaching your every move Hugh fuller (Thats Right , he's back) next to you in CMS with Bob , Steve Curtis and Tom on the otherside and Scotty and I living every min of it. It's an honer to race with you guys.

Huge congrats to JD Byrider for a BIG win and some great driving. OTC , Motley you guys looked fantastic...as usual You deserved this one boys!! The Jersey Boy offshore crowd proved their point again. Thank god I have one on the sticks! Oh Yeah!! How about Billy Martin and Top Bannana out supporting and educating the fans and racers on offshores history. Keven Cooper and Ed Smith (Midwest) from POPRA coming out to support the event and build a new foundation for the future. Smitty for giving me flashbacks from my first race in offshore being passed by...the purple boat! arrrgh

Looking forward to Sarasota and another positive weekend!

Marc

PS another big thank you to extreme mag for supporting the event as well as all the OPA volonteer staff who worked so hard this weekend..last but certanly not least a sincere thank you to "HAGGIN" for all you do!

Last edited by Maximus; 06-18-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a GREAT TIME and A GREAT EVENT. Way to many to Thank here individually but you all know who you are. So to all of you I say THANK YOU for such agreat event. Take a bow, you all deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPT
Old 06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
What a GREAT TIME and A GREAT EVENT. Way to many to Thank here individually but you all know who you are. So to all of you I say THANK YOU for such agreat event. Take a bow, you all deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPT

Couldn't agree more. We had a great time... Looking forward to St. Claire
Old 06-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maximus
Despite some minor technecal issues for Miss G this was a very memerable weekend for Scott and myself.

Imagine this for a couple of "little guys" who like most of you grew up watching classic offshore. Hummin down the straight with Gerry Gilbreath over top of you coaching your every move Hugh fuller (Thats Right , he's back) next to you in CMS with Bob , Steve Curtis and Tom on the otherside and Scotty and I living every min of it. It's an honer to race with you guys.

Huge congrats to JD Byrider for a BIG win and some great driving. OTC , Motley you guys looked fantastic...as usual You deserved this one boys!! The Jersey Boy offshore crowd proved their point again. Thank god I have one on the sticks! Oh Yeah!! How about Billy Martin and Top Bannana out supporting and educating the fans and racers on offshores history. Keven Cooper and Ed Smith (Midwest) from POPRA coming out to support the event and build a new foundation for the future. Smitty for giving me flashbacks from my first race in offshore being passed by...the purple boat! arrrgh

Looking forward to Sarasota and another positive weekend!

Marc

PS another big thank you to extreme mag for supporting the event as well as all the OPA volonteer staff who worked so hard this weekend..last but certanly not least a sincere thank you to "HAGGIN" for all you do!

Yeah what Marc said
Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely said Marc. And just remember that there is something to be said for a couple of guys that are courageous enough to do so!

Julie
Old 06-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

I hear you Marc, you and Scotty are the perfect fit for team AMF/GEICO.....
Old 06-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

It was really neat to be around guys that we watched in awe in years past. We really are lucky guys. Just think next week we get to add John T and Dave S to the "dream team" list out on the course. Sarasota will be exciting for sure!!

Julie thanks for your help with those props. very proffessional.

M
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up

It sure was a special weekend Marc, thanks to all who were responsible for making it happen....

I was able to meet so many people that I haven't had the chance to meet in the past.

Made the weekend even sweeter when JDByrider smoked the field!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

It was nice to see Tony and Mark up front they have been working very hard.