Cutting up the Fountain! >

Cutting up the Fountain!

Notices

Cutting up the Fountain!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The joys of buying ANOTHER USED RACE BOAT.......
Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
What a great question. First they have been leaking for years (according to ATL) because they were incorrectly installed (according to ATL). They would have been under warranty if they were correctly installed (according to ATL). So now it would cost me $5400 to replace just the bags from ATL or $5600 from Fountain and takes 4 weeks. I have 9 days left until the first race and the wonderful customer service I have received has left me with a bad taste. (and sore azz)

Add the bladders to the list of:

Engines with 20% leak downs, but only show 50hrs on ECM, the drives blowing apart on the first run because the top caps weren't tighten down, the gimbal helmets wore out because the pin bushings were not installed, transom not being repainted, one trailer wheel with no brake calipers,because of the lack of a brake caliper the wheel studs didn't tighten down and destroyed the wheel, new paint peeling on canopy becasue of poor prep work and the list goes on. The good news is that I was offerred a "great rate" by Fountain to repair all these things I already paid them for.

I wounder if there are any lawyers on OSO that work on commision?
thats a damn shame...sorry to hear about your misfortune bro
Old 05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats sucks,so Fountain would even split the cost or help in anyway? Best of luck

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Thats sucks,so Fountain would even split the cost or help in anyway? Best of luck
No but they were kind enough to offer to charge me to fix the items that were specified in the purchase agreement. Now I got an additional $50k in the boat to fix all that stuff.

It is hard to believe that even a "used race boat" can leave the factory with, leaking fuel tanks, incorrectly assembled drives, missing trailer brakes not to mention wasted motors that only have "50hrs" and not completely painted.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No but they were kind enough to offer to charge me to fix the items that were specified in the purchase agreement. Now I got an additional $50k in the boat to fix all that stuff.

It is hard to believe that even a "used race boat" can leave the factory with, leaking fuel tanks, incorrectly assembled drives, missing trailer brakes not to mention wasted motors that only have "50hrs" and not completely painted.
You know what needs to be done, just do it.. what have they done for you?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

I agree with Rick....Get it done so you could race for the season!

Chris
Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Been there and done that, and it SUCKS, but you are the man, and we will see you in OC.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if they cut back knowing they were going to acquire Baja.I would think they would accommodate people(YOU) that are spending there money to race a Fountain/which is free advertising,Did ya at least get a free T Shirt

good luck

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

That's just sad........I thought that boat had more hours on it then that.....
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Registered

Wahoo ATV, I believe I am starting to experiance what I believe is a bladder tank leak, small amount of fuel/gunk in the forward compartment (2002 38 Fountain). Called Fountain for advice, just asking for specs, dimensions of tanks. Dave at Fountain warranty promised to get some info to me after 3 discussions, not one return call; imagine that?. Called ATL said Fountain has to release info to them directly. Obviously not a spirit of cooperation between the two. Not asking Fountain for any monatary help only guidence; not to be. ATL must not need the business and Fountain is just being Fountain. Martin S.is the only one at Fountain I have ever had any success with as far as keeping his word. Now to my question... what did you find when you finally opened up the compartments. I like wise plan to install alum. tanks (don't want to do this again in the future). It is my understanding the new 42 Poker run boats are being built with Alum. tanks? which tells me this is a common problem. Any advice on installing new alum. tanks would be greatly appreciated. Sucks to be us regarding this matter, but as my mother law says "you play you pay" good luck this season. David

Quick Reply: Cutting up the Fountain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.