Notices

Huge Thanks to Team Thunderstruck

Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge Thanks to Team Thunderstruck

Long story short.
-After great testing on Friday saw we had 0 oil pressure but motor sounded good.
-Threw in the towles at 7:30 after eliminating every thing but a oil pump or pick up tube.
-9:00 Half lit at the bar, Randy and Pat (fully Lit) say lets go pull the motor and fix that bit*h, I have a welder and if we cant I have an extra motor.
-12:00 Gigantic Tow Truck much bigger than my boat showes up and lifts the engine out, pull the pan, Pat welded the tube
back together and at 3am motor is bolted back in place (Pat sober now).
-11:30 Saturday before Im completely done, thank god for the race delay.
- Finish 2nd
Thanks to Pat, Dustin and everyone that helped us, we would never have been able to make it for the 1st Race

- Broke timing chain or gear or something Sunday just be for the Race, to tired to look at it now.

So
Eddie
Old 09-23-2008, 04:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastedy
Long story short.
-After great testing on Friday saw we had 0 oil pressure but motor sounded good.
-Threw in the towles at 7:30 after eliminating every thing but a oil pump or pick up tube.
-9:00 Half lit at the bar, Randy and Pat (fully Lit) say lets go pull the motor and fix that bit*h, I have a welder and if we cant I have an extra motor.
-12:00 Gigantic Tow Truck much bigger than my boat showes up and lifts the engine out, pull the pan, Pat welded the tube
back together and at 3am motor is bolted back in place (Pat sober now).
-11:30 Saturday before Im completely done, thank god for the race delay.
- Finish 2nd
Thanks to Pat, Dustin and everyone that helped us, we would never have been able to make it for the 1st Race

- Broke timing chain or gear or something Sunday just be for the Race, to tired to look at it now.

So
Eddie
Any time Eddie, I will do my best to help anyone out with there boat it's just the way we are. Loved racing this year with everyone. You all are a great bunch of guys. see ya next year. Pat
Old 09-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Before the Ocean City Race I was having trouble with my exhaust-I put a post on OSO and Pat offered to weld my headers-and I hadn't even met him yet! Great work Pat! That is what OPA is all about!!!
Bob G
Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah Pat is Ok for a White Boy
Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

They are always looking to help people at the race and have a crew that just loves this stuff. Class 5 had a great year. Some new faces and some old ones. At this rate class 5 should be even bigger next year.
MD
Old 09-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Class 5 was a great class and we can't wait till next year. It was great racing and hanging out with a great and fun bunch of people. Team Whoz Your Daddy
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Squirrel.....You have a great attitude...always wanting to help out anyone that needs it.....when we are ready to throw in the towel....you jump right in and pick it up and say...."LET ME GET MY TOOLS....I CAN FIX THAT..."
Its great having you around as a good freind and racer.....and what a great way to promote our sport with another father and son race team.....your 2 chipmunks are learning from the squirrel that in life, giving is just as important as receiving....and they are seeing first hand Dad is setting the example.....one day you'll be sitting back on your rocking chair...(of course the one you made from scap metal from soda cans you welded together) and watching your 2 chipmunks have grown up to be great squirrel's just like pop is......
Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

better make that beer cans.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

No Eddie....the beer cans he will be welding will be his house......
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what the OPA is all about! It is just great to hear stories like that.

Quick Reply: Huge Thanks to Team Thunderstruck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.