Is it time for Class 7? >

Is it time for Class 7?

Notices

Is it time for Class 7?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Is it time for Class 7?

Just for argument sake, (and because its the middle of winter), what do you think about a Class 7? 21-22' Single OB or small block engine, 65 MPH.
Class 7 would be much more affordable-the perfect "entry level" class. Think of how many 21 Shadows, Challengers, Activators, Superboats, Progressions and Velocity's are out there. This would be similar to the original "A" class. Class 6 has proven there is interest in small boat racing. With participation in the largest class' waning, Why not class 7? The USA is probably the only country that does not offer this class anymore.
Just throwing this out there to you SOB'ers. What do you think? Affordable Entry Level racing?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Just for argument sake, (and because its the middle of winter), what do you think about a Class 7? 21-22' Single OB or small block engine, 65 MPH.
Class 7 would be much more affordable-the perfect "entry level" class. Think of how many 21 Shadows, Challengers, Activators, Superboats, Progressions and Velocity's are out there. This would be similar to the original "A" class. Class 6 has proven there is interest in small boat racing. With participation in the largest class' waning, Why not class 7? The USA is probably the only country that does not offer this class anymore.
Just throwing this out there to you SOB'ers. What do you think? Affordable Entry Level racing?
Who you calling a SOB? Interesting idea if enough interest was shown.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Class 6 started with only a couple of boats-the Cotner boat and the Green boat. Look were 6 is now. Would not cost anything to offer it, and its AFFORDABLE. The racers of tomorrow need to get addicted early and cheap! No prize, money, maybe a trophy?

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 02-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be all for it my boat is 21ft ,I bet we could get about 8 to 12 boats every race,

Last edited by innerrage; 02-14-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not leave class 6 alone and make an outlaw class for anything with extension boxes, anything other than a stock drive and hp over 525???
Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

I only have about a half hour of race experience, and that was in Solomons in calm water, but I can't imagine trying to race anywhere close to 65MPH in a 21'-22' boat in the ocean. However, class 6 has VERY tough competition, so a slightly slower class with less competition would be a better place for new people to start racing and get a taste of victory.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,116 Likes on 300 Posts

20-23 foot, single outboard, 200hp. That boats would only run 60-65 and youd be competitive for under 10k
Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We tried it, never got more than 1 or 2 boats to race.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
20-23 foot, single outboard, 200hp. That boats would only run 60-65 and youd be competitive for under 10k
Sounds like a great idea and great way to get some more guys into this stupid a$$ sport
Old 02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
I think the time is right to try a class like this again;
what do we have to lose?I remember how great this class was back in the 80s and into the early 90s.Many great racers got thier start in the small single outboard boats..JOEY IMPRESCIA,NIGEL HOOK,CHARLIE HAIMES,JD DELIA..just to name a few!And these boats were raced in the ocean in rough water.Sure the speeds were in the 50-60mph range,but what a great way to learn how to drive or throttle a race boat at a relatively affordable price!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.