Attention OPA Racers >

Attention OPA Racers

Notices

Attention OPA Racers

Old 05-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Attention OPA Racers

If you fit into P-3 in APBA, you would be P-3 in OPA as well. We are running GPS this year and speed brackets will be the same.

Someone else will have to answer your other questions.

regards
Old 05-21-2004, 08:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Bruce,
That is not what I said.
The 1st SOB race w/OPA would be in late August. Now you have informed me that it is not. So I guess that there will only be 2 SOB races w/OPA. Md. & Philly.
The feedback I got back from some of the L.I. guys was it was too much money. They were to be paying the same fees as everyone else and yet they were not getting any prize money.
I explained as best I could that they were getting their own race. I explained all the additional costs that were involved with putting on the second race and that was where their prize money was going because they asked for a separate race.
Maybe some of them never intended to race in the 1st place? Who knows?
Yes I and Dennis have pushed the hell out of this because we feel it will take off.
But remember, it still seems that it is just the two of us that seem to bring this class up.
We have gotten commitments from the organizations that they will run the class.
What I don't understand is that the organizations have yet to advertise the class.
APBA has welcomed the class and has put the logo on the Home Page of their website. Soon to be a link to the SOB Racing website from what I am told.
I have a boat or two in North Carolina that would like to run SBI. Especially if they can race behind the Fountain plant. I am trying to get them to come up to Maryland and Philly as well.
I have been told of a few more that want to race in OPA. Intimidator Boats has signed up. Clueless out of Brick has told me to expect him signed up sometime in June.
Has Smitty signed up with Wazzup 2? He was another boat I was counting on.
Kryptonite Powerboats is supposed to race with a new 23 footer.
and another guy Fast Fred.

As for me?
I was never going to be racing.
I was only doing this for the sport of Offshore. I hope is was not just hype as you say. I would certainly be dissappointed if it was.
I just think people need to see it and hear it from the organizations, rather than some old retired Offshore Racer with a PC....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey Mark, that sounds like P3 to me. I'm sure Smitty would love to have some new meat in the game.

You should really try for A/C on 7/18. It's an ocean race with great venue. Camden may bring you back but it won't be rough.

http://www.thejerseyboyz.homestead.c..._Boy_Goose.jpg
Old 05-21-2004, 08:52 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Bruce,
That is not what I said.
The 1st SOB race w/OPA would be in late August. Now you have informed me that it is not. So I guess that there will only be 2 SOB races w/OPA. Md. & Philly.
The feedback I got back from some of the L.I. guys was it was too much money. They were to be paying the same fees as everyone else and yet they were not getting any prize money.
I explained as best I could that they were getting their own race. I explained all the additional costs that were involved with putting on the second race and that was where their prize money was going because they asked for a separate race.
Maybe some of them never intended to race in the 1st place? Who knows?
Yes I and Dennis have pushed the hell out of this because we feel it will take off.
But remember, it still seems that it is just the two of us that seem to bring this class up.
We have gotten commitments from the organizations that they will run the class.
What I don't understand is that the organizations have yet to advertise the class.
APBA has welcomed the class and has put the logo on the Home Page of their website. Soon to be a link to the SOB Racing website from what I am told.
I have a boat or two in North Carolina that would like to run SBI. Especially if they can race behind the Fountain plant. I am trying to get them to come up to Maryland and Philly as well.
I have been told of a few more that want to race in OPA. Intimidator Boats has signed up. Clueless out of Brick has told me to expect him signed up sometime in June.
Has Smitty signed up with Wazzup 2? He was another boat I was counting on.
Kryptonite Powerboats is supposed to race with a new 23 footer.
and another guy Fast Fred.

As for me?
I was never going to be racing.
I was only doing this for the sport of Offshore. I hope is was not just hype as you say. I would certainly be dissappointed if it was.
I just think people need to see it and hear it from the organizations, rather than some old retired Offshore Racer with a PC....

Old 05-21-2004, 08:53 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Sorry for the double post.

This new version of the board has really got to get the bugs worked out.....

Old 05-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tim, you did all that can be done. If 4 boats show for MD and Camden, you'll be doing alright. I don't know how you expect the organizations to promote the class any more than making it available. A group of racers asked for it, received what they requested and now it's up to them to step up to the plate. Maybe if people read about a SOB race in a magazine it would help. hint hint. Know of any races? See what I mean. The chicken must come first on this one, meaning the core group needs to step forward and get the class off the ground.

We all know this is not a sport to worry about 2 or 3 hundred dollars. If it does bother them, then this sport isn't for them in the first place.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:07 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

You are right Ron...

And I do expect that at the very least 4 boats in MD. Mainly because I didn't count the Maryland guys yet that were showing interest.

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 05-21-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Registered

Tim

Thanks for the response ...Im glad you didnt take it personal. Im not looking to bust balls. I respect everything that you and Dennis tried to do. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like its gonna come together as you had hoped. I really thought that you guys would have 10 boats or more at the season opener. That would have added to the show for sure. The bottom line is the dollars. I can understand their point of view as well. Its tough to put up the bucks to beat the crap out of your boat and body. Its even tougher when there is no reward ($$$) at the end. But everyone knew that coming in. There were no secrets.

Good luck, and hopefully we will see some of you during the season.

See ya soon.. Once again, No hard feelings intended toward you or Dennis

Regards
Old 05-22-2004, 05:18 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Hard feelings? Nah! Of course not...I know you better than that.

I will continue my support of the class. I am being optimistic and hoping guys will eventually realize the class is there and available.

It truely is a great place to start when getting into Offshore Racing.

But I think for it to be successful, it needs to come from just more than a few people.
APBA had put the SOB Logo up in the sponsors section on their home page page temporarily, and has assured me they will add a link to the SOB Racing Website somewhere else on their site permanently.
I feel Dennis & I have done enough leg work now for this class, that something good should come out of it.
I expect alot of boats for Md. and hopefully Pa. too!
Once the message starts coming from the organizations themselves, people will take it for real. Sometimes I think some of the guys over on L.I. just thought this was some sort of crusade we were on....
But what they may not have realized was we would have never started this in the 1st place had not 40 people showed up in the the winter's cold to say they wanted something like this.
You are right Bruce. They new everything up front.
Personally, if they backed off from having a separate race for themselves, things may have been different. Then maybe they could have ran for a purse.
Time will tell the outcome....
I will keep the SOB-Racing website up to date with any news.
Thanks for your support!

Old 05-22-2004, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharkey, you and Dennis have done a FANTASTIC job of putting this SOB class together, it's now up to the racers so you guys get your money and paperwork in. It's not much but I'll put 100.00 up to the winner in the SOB Class, I think it will be for some pretty good racing with them. Anybody else want to step up with The Godfather?

Quick Reply: Attention OPA Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.