Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
APBA requiring a liscense to race? >

APBA requiring a liscense to race?

Notices

APBA requiring a liscense to race?

Old 10-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: APBA requiring a liscense to race?

Jim,
I congratulate him, that does not change the fact that he almost took two boats out in about 2 seconds, by not holding a line.

Rick
Old 10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ryoung99
Jim,
I congratulate him, that does not change the fact that he almost took two boats out in about 2 seconds, by not holding a line.

Rick
MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!

J
Old 10-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

I personaly don't have a problem with this. Maybe the word "license" isn't appropriate but "experience" is. Only race what your "experience" level is. Call it a "Level 1,2,3,4,5" racing membership or just have the race level posted on your membership card as what class you are presently racing in. If you want to move up a class and you have proven yourself to be a proven and safe racer, it goes to the board to be voted on before you can move up a class. Existing racers are "Grandfathered in" to keep the peace but all new racers have to show credintials on the class they want to start in or start with the lower "P" classes. Just my thoughts, Dave
Old 10-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

This discussion is leading to an interesting question, how do we train racers. To be honest I put myself into this category.

Tim and I discuss moving up to a bigger and faster class. Honestly the class I think most about is SCL. With that stated, Tim and I have no business in an SCL at this time, so we think more about SVL. But in all honestly a SVL will not get us any closer to being qualified to race SCL than the bat boat.

I really think we as racers need to think about how we would address training of new and existing racers.

Earlier I posted a critical statement about a fellow racer that in all honestly was out of line. While I stand by my assessment, what I failed to do is offer up a solution (mostly because I do not have one).

Any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated. But let's start by agreeing that running a few poker runs does not qualify one to race.

Rick
Old 10-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
THats just wrong!!! Hows business??
Hey.... we could all be swimming at any given moment.

Biz is good, thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Registered

Mark,
I have considered those boats. Last year I got a great look at Harry Clacks AMT (as that is who I bought the bat boat from).

The bummer is and would be out west we would have the only one (just like the bat boat) and would end up running in P2 with it. I guess that is just the price we pay for living in California.

From what I have seen they are very affordable to buy used as well. At different times I have seen them for under $100k.

We need to sell our Nordic pleasure boat before I could think about adding another boat to the garage. The wife would flip if we had three boats, and we cannot sell the bat boat as it has become an icon for out Signs for Less stores.

Thanks for the thought.
Rick