Stand Up VS Sit Down...

Notices

Stand Up VS Sit Down...

Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stand Up VS Sit Down...

I recently sold my 38 Top Gun and I would like some feed back from owners that went from a stand up boat to a sit down configuration. The consensus I hear seems to be that once you move into a sit down boat you will never want to own a stand up boat again.... I would appreciate some feedback on this. I ran my 38 Top Gun TS in a couple of runs and I must admit that after a long Poker Run my 48 year old legs were kinda tired. My other concern is, Do you loose the "move around" social aspect that a stand up cockpit boat offers when you have a sit down boat???
Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the most important part of your decision will lie in what you do most with your boat. I will never own a standup poker run boat. Once you run a few runs sitting down you won't want to stand up again. After a run, even when I had my 29' Kryptonite, I feel great. No sore knees or back, just tired forearms and fingers!
You do loose the social aspect of the cockpit space, however I find I am usually rafted or docked with other boats that are more cruiserish.
For me, I run a lot of poker runs and social runs that end at social spot. I don't often just go out and anchor for a social day, and if I do it is usually with a raft up of a few boats.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Sit down all the way!!! No question about it!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Sit down all the way!!! No question about it!!!
After the run this weekend I agree. I felt alot better after a long run in a sit down boat than I do in a stand up boat.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder about the move around ability as well. My bolsters go either way, and I find myself sitting 95% of the time. I'm 6'3" and don't particularly care for being pummeled with wind from chest up. I'm thinking my next boat will probably be sit down only. But curious what everyone who has owned both has to say.

How many v-hulls in that 35+ size range are sit down only?
Aside from the 36 glad, is it mostly a custom option?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered

For sit downs, you have the Gladiator, Maximus, Donzi ZRC, Skater 39 vee, Fountain poker run, Dragon, and all the OL GTX's. Not alot to choose from unless you want to spend 400k. In the front seats of the Gladiator you get little to no wind. Once you sit down you never go back. Heck we have two sit down boats!!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 11-28-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Depends on what kind of boating you are doing. If you are doing poker runs all the time, the sit down would be the way to go. Otherwise, i enjoy having the extra space
Old 11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
For sit downs, you have the Gladiator, Maximus, Donzi ZRC, Skater 39 vee, Fountain poker run, Dragon, and all the OL GTX's. Not alot to choose from unless you want to spend 400k. In the front seats of the Gladiator you get little to no wind. Once you sit down you never go back. Heck we have two sit down boats!!
F40 -

How many 39 GTX's have been built?

How many with #6's? I only know of the red 39 w/850's and the purple/silver out West.

Any others?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
F40 -

How many 39 GTX's have been built?

How many with #6's? I only know of the red 39 w/850's and the purple/silver out West.

Any others?
I think only four and only 2 with sixes.

Red 850 six boat
Silver out west Phaff six boat
Silver 525 bravo boat
Red Illmore bravo boat
Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had a 43 Scarab & moved into the 42 GTX that I have now. I will never go back to standing. The only thing I had to get use to is looking at the water in a differant position. To me it feels more like driving a car & I feel more a part of the boat & feel more secure in the boat. Ohh by the way All Fired Up is for sale.

Quick Reply: Stand Up VS Sit Down...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.