Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!! >

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Notices

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

rehab is for quitters! All joking aside does anyone know if jason still works there? I met him acouple of times seemed like a nice guy with alot of knowledge.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Jason does not still work there.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
Is that Goldigger with a different paint job?
No this is Russel's cat. Not Goldigger.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

It certainly does not look good when a life long OL owner wants off his new boat so fast. And, Golddigger seemed to be for sale almost immed also..Do the cats have some issues?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

The cats are amazing!!! Its the radical power that the owners want that keep these beasts from running. Zach Taylors cat with merc power runs great, Goldigger ran great with mercs, and My Way is doing just fine.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
You obviously don't own your own business. Owners have to make tough decisions to keep the company moving forward and continuing to make a profit. If not, all the other 100 employee's would be jobless. Should we post every employee's name, title and all their good/bad traits from all the marine companies? What about the good employee's of Mercury Racing, Mercury Marine, Sea Ray, Brunswick, Eliminator, Fountain, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota? Your sadly mistaken and severely mis-informed if you think employee's from any of these companies were let go just to pad other peoples pockets.

We made some extremely tough decisions about 4 years ago, and let almost all our employee's go (when Lysholm, our old supplier, couldn't ship product) so we could keep the company doors open. Not everybody was happy, but in the end, we became far stronger and in the end, brought most of the employee's back, and even gained some new ones. Outerlimits is one the most incredible high-performance boat mfg's, with every boat becoming a work of art, they will continue to do so.

Thanks
I agree ,I cut back here on employees, I'm working harder than I ever worked in the 28years since self employed, Like ya said Dustin if its between me/my biz and a few employees,or even all .I am not going out of biz!!

I would bet all boat manufactures have cut back shifts/hours or laid some off to cut back.

Seems to me racer711 is stirring the pot,For what reason?

Just think, most of our furniture is effected by oil, the foam in matts and foam in sofas,springs/steel, is made with petroleum,even our power bill here went up 28% .After Katrina we had two price increases total 14% in 05,this year we've had two, June was 7% July 10% and there telling us Aug will be another increase,all freight company's have a fuel surcharge of 3 % on top of freight.Freight on most of our manufactures is 14%.

wish i was in the oil biz now
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
It certainly does not look good when a life long OL owner wants off his new boat so fast. And, Golddigger seemed to be for sale almost immed also..Do the cats have some issues?
You might be on to something there Columbo!

OL is a very pricey boat and if your clientele are disappointed with your product they won't buy another. Never hear of a Skater/ MTI buyer trading over to OL but plenty the other way around.

OL should leave the cats up to MTI/ Skater/ Nortech and stick with building very fast/ cool V bottoms. I think they got caught up in the cat craze and spent a lot of time/money on a mold that will not equal riches.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Outerlimits is a nice boat.

Last edited by Pro1; 07-31-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: rephrase
Old 07-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

man...alot of experts out there
Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line still seems to be: Business is Business. Net result: good people lose good jobs in order for the business to survive economic changes & retain a bottom line. Extremely unfortunate - but a sign of the times all across this great land of ours.

Quick Reply: Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.