28' Triple Outboard on E-Bay >

28' Triple Outboard on E-Bay

Notices

28' Triple Outboard on E-Bay

Old 04-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 28' Triple Outboard on E-Bay

I used to work for Rick at Aqua-Mania and I will tell you no one in their right mind should buy this boat. It has a real shady history. The motors say o hours but accually came off an old motion cat called "4play" and have many hours of serious abuse (they may have 0 hours on this particular boat). It sat for over 10 years in Ricks garage uncovered collecting dust and animals. It is a very tough boat to drive because of the control locations. He advertises it as running at 85mph I never saw it run anywhere near 80. The hull looks good from about 20 feet away but when you get up close it is stress cracked to hell. It looks like 1 good wave could break it. It is a 5 man stand up only so not very comfortable unless you race. I know he has had it for sale for over 10 years and didnt get any attention or even in running condition until 2 years ago. I think it might be a good deal for 10k but It needs to be repowered and have the hull sent back to the factory to be seriuosly looked at. Good luck to anyone who wants it . If you want anymore info I will be happy to help.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Registered

thanks for the infor he said the boat went to pantera in 2003 is that true . i do not think i will make the 7 hour trip now unless he is ready to give it away thanks for your help
Old 04-12-2005, 03:27 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd call the factory to confirm it was there.
Jo and Pepe will know the deal.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:06 AM
Registered

I know for a fact is was not at Pantera in 2003 it was sitting in a storage barn at Aqua-Mania getting put back together in 03' . Rick is the master of "shady" deals. Like I said before he lists it with having 0 hours on the motors and I know for a fact they have never been rebuilt and have many abused hours on them! The engine cowls on 2 of the 3 motors are being held together by tape and epoxy because they are cracked and falling apart from sitting under a work bench for many years and having more junk thrown over them. I looked into buying this boat from him before I left there and after going through everything that needed to be done I found out I would be money ahead if i bought a new boat. To be honest the boat was at pantera but not in 03' it was back sometime in the late 80's. I believe it was there to have the hull repaired and to have somthing done to the gel coat. If you have any other questions about this I will answer all you need to know .
Old 04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Registered

I Talked To Joe At Pantera He Said The Boat Was There 95 ,96 For A Repaint And Recover The Seat And That Is The Last He Has Heard Of It. It Sounds Like Rick May Not Be Tellin The Whole Truth. I Think I Will Just Skip This One He Did Say He Would Sell The Boat Without The Motors Thanks For Your Help Bruce
Old 04-13-2005, 08:19 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Skip it.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered

Trust me on this one! There is a reason this boat has been for sale for so long and never sold. Rick will tell you whatever you want to hear thats why I left his company, I watched him screw so many people over on so many boats. If you have ever looked at his web site you will notice that he is a Donzi and Hustler dealer. Well he screwed both companies so bad that they will not let him floor plan any boats he can only get a boat when he has a down payment and a signed letter of intent from the customer. No I dont know about you but I wouldnt want to spend 100's of thousands of dollars on a boat I couldnt test drive. In fact he accually paid someone about 15 years ago to "steal" the 28 Pantera so he could get the insurance money and then one day it mysteriously came back (unknown to the insurance company) and thats how he started Aqua-Mania. Sorry I dont mean to go off on this guy on this forum I am just sick of him screwing people over.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Griff]That boat has been on ebay about a dozen times and on boatrader 4ever.

Fred's old 28 had the same colors, but was 6 pack cockpit and powered by a 572 ci/700+hp engine. It was also a mid 90's vintage boat.[/QUOTE

I bought the boat from Fred with a Troy Dennis 572 700+hp.It was a1997 hull.I loved the boat ,but got cat fever and bought a 28 skater.I sold the Pantera to Faster on lake lanier.He is in the process of installing a New Chief 700hp.The Troy Dennis motor took a **** at under 100hrs.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

THis is wh ythis board is great. Saves people alot of time in getting the facts straight.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Registered

Sorry I dont have any info on the 99' Velocity I dont work there anymore. But I have seen the boat on the lot over there and can say it looks pretty decent I just dont know the history . If I was going to buy any boat from RIck I would get the previous owners info and give them a call and confirm anything Rick tells you about the boat. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: 28' Triple Outboard on E-Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.