Anybody Repower This Year?

Notices

Anybody Repower This Year?

Old 02-16-2002, 10:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks, Panteraman28 I always thought that the salt would be about 3-5 faster but that also probably takes in to account the delta in HP at sea level compared to at typical fresh water elevation. I boat at about 400feet above usually. BTW great rig you have there. The Ironman
Old 02-19-2002, 10:40 PM
Vonbongo

Talking

Yea,

I'm repowering with a new 28 Pantera.

Old 02-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

Congrats, Von!!!!
Did you get it ordered?????

Went to the Meeting about the River flow levels tonite. There were about 300+ people there and 99% were for keeping flows the same. Not sure if its gonna happen though. The decision for 2003 flows will be out in May.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Gunfighter

Yea Griff,

I ordered the boat! We are still working out the power options, either 496HO's or a 575sci. Some other goodies and hopefully some fun paint. I really want twins (motors and women) but I also like the simplicity of a single ( and we are using the ITS and XR combo if it's a single). I just worry about a failure on the river and floating to KC before some one pics me up, I had one CG Aux person tell me he ignores some calls for assistance depending on who it's from!

Jo has been very, very good to work with he answers all my questions (which are a lot) has done several price work ups based on power, options, changes and on and on!

The boat's name will be Gunfighter, it's named after a P-51 Mustang that is out here at the CB airport and a member of the Confed Airforce.

Mike

Old 02-20-2002, 06:28 PM
hanna

Talking

I run GIGI Motorsports P5-12 24 foot Pantera, I am have a 550 hp motor being built. It will be done in 2 weeks. Can't wait

Old 02-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panteraman 28 - that black F1 is way cool. Hope them couple of tricks get you the few mph. Not sure if I want to go the blower route. Never heard of Mega blower, why that vs. a Whipple? What are you doing with the outside of the boat, are the stickers staying on or coming off?

Vonbongo....WAY TO GO!

You still have the Fountain? I was considering it when I saw the pictures last fall....but then we saw the Pantera.

I'd go with the twins. I think for all around river boating the 496HO's will be sweet, especially with the with the selective hearing of the local CG dude! Mine gets on plane like a friggin' bass boat and has great acceleration. Run the 496's for a year, and then SC 'em! If looking at single, consider the Innovation 600SC. Jo did at least one of those last year.

You have some great decisions to make!
Glad to see we're getting some Panteras up here!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

hanna,

That suckers gonna fly!

Good luck this summer and drive it like you stole it!

Safely of course
Old 02-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Vonbongo

We talked about the Innovation, but also discussed not having anyone around here that could work on it. So the 575sci would be the single engine choice for me to get me where I would want to be for a single. Once the warranty runs out you can add an intercooler and some boost for 675hp pretty easy.

The 496hos are a serious choice, the down side is I wanted ITS and it's not available on them and there isn't room in the budget for 500's and ITS! I really like the idea of redundant systems. Never even had the Fountain as much as hicup on the river, but that thought is always there.

Believe me Jo is giving me a great deal on the 575 upgrade, he even checked on the 525EFI for me to see when it was available, very helpful person.

We are putting shorepower in it, lowering the floor, hopefully some changes in the cabin like a second locker and a small sink.

Yes I still have the Fountain, it needs a good home! Well it has a good home but it needs a new home. Had a number of calls but no takers yet, I think when it warms up it will go. It's a heck of a deal at $39K with the new trailer and cover, paint is like new, 95 step bottom, the WPM Full Hydraulic steering, it's just a clean solid boat.

No matter how good the pantera is I will miss the beak boat, it was my first true performance boat.

Old 02-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

Can't wait to see the ride, Von. Sounds like its gonna be awesome. My vote would be for the single 575. I figure with twins there is twice as much that can go wrong. If you're ever in a situation where you need help, throw an anchor. Somebody will always come along that will help. Griff.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Registered

Yeah, I got a taste of the twins last fall when I was doing some minor maintenance. Two of everything!

This is my first twin engine boat. Things I like:

How fast it gets on plane

Acceleration

The sound of starting 2 motors

Around the docks. Need to learn some of the tricks here, but the little I've done, we should be able to squeeze in about anywhere.

Knowing 99.9% of the time, if there's trouble, that I can get on the trailer under my own power. I've been on the recieving end of the rope a few times. Sometimes with the river current, it can get exciting for the tower and the towee!

Things I don't like:

Doubling up on maintenance
Fuel economy??? Not sure here. Haven't drove it enough.

I'd have a tough time deciding. How 'bout the best of both.....twin 575SC!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anybody Repower This Year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.