540 in the werx! >

540 in the werx!

Notices

540 in the werx!

Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 540 in the werx!

Well, we ran enough to get a good impression but could not get close to full throttle- the fuel system could not keep up and pressure was falling off. we did see 680-720 ft/lbs early in the mid range (before boost) and carrying high, hp got up near 680 , but again, part throttle.

Speaking with Dino at Teague (it was late and he hustled to ship me some parts next day from CA) he told me the P/N's I had for the aeromotive pump, pre filter and regulator were relativley good stuff, but automotive, mismatched and inadequate for our project. (All of that came with the new to me engine) So I bought a complete sytem from him which he recommended- same as they use on their Teague 900 EFI, will run later today for the bigger numbers.

Looks like it'll cruise with a bigger wheel on it though

Par throttole A/f at 3000 is a bit lean and will have to be recalled, the rest looks good so far.

Good thing we went on the Dyno- thanks again guys- posterchild story for why you should dyno.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Speaking with Dino... he told me the P/N's I had for the aeromotive pump, pre filter and regulator were relativley good stuff, but automotive, mismatched and inadequate for our project. (All of that came with the new to me engine)
Thats typical for an engine builder, thats not primarily a marine builder. There is a big difference between the way an auto engine and marine engine should be built.
Thats why I went w/ JC Perf/Zul. I knew I would't run into any of those problems.

I'm glad things are coming together for you.
Your boats gonna rock.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered

Well, I got my baby home and will begin to slip it in tonight.

I just searched and read a bunch of Dyno threads trying to learn more about the shell game as I'll call it. Brad (Dyno guy- did a great job and is great to work with as we rolled with the punches. ) does not like to work with anything but actual readings with no correction factors. he showed me how easily he could correct/fudge and get much higher readings but explained they were only good in a bar and useless on the lake.

We ran with a bit over 100 degree air temp (room gets warm, no cold air feed) and 500 gallons of water which is/was warmer (150-160 deg) than the lake water which with my crossover and restricter rather than t-stat is 100-120 if I remember right, IC will be happier too in real life. we used dyno headers and full accy's, the headers are nothing fancy and I don't expect a big change there.

we had 662 hp at 5476rpm and 750 ft lbs at 3660rpm.

I'll have to see how she runs in the boat, get some plug readings and I'll probably buy an Innovation 02 sensor to further dial it in in the boat.

Thanks again to all who have been helping me a long thru this project.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

keep us posted on your #'s once she's in the boat
Old 05-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Glad to hear you got things worked out on the dyno . Let us know how you make out in the water , that is the true test .

Wow !!! 750 ft lbs of torque !!! that's huge , baby that bravo getting on plane . My guess is she will turn a 28 4 blade well into the mid 80's .

Good luck and have fun !!! Morgan