Props for a Pantera 24 >

Props for a Pantera 24

Notices

Props for a Pantera 24

Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yesterday I had a chance to run my stock 27p M+ vs. my labbed 28p B1.
The top speeds were virtually identical with the 3 blade maybe 1mph faster. 74-75mph @ 4800-4900rpm...
With the 3 blade the drive must be trimmed down all the way and the boat heading straight to get out of the hole or it just blows out. In slow cornering the 3 blade also lost grip.
With the 4 blade, I find the boat much easier to drive especially in rough water.
I'll be talking with Brett at BBlades to see if he has labbing process for the 3 blade that will give better bit out of the hole and more top end speed on my boat.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Yesterday I had a chance to run my stock 27p M+ vs. my labbed 28p B1.
The top speeds were virtually identical with the 3 blade maybe 1mph faster. 74-75mph @ 4800-4900rpm...
With the 3 blade the drive must be trimmed down all the way and the boat heading straight to get out of the hole or it just blows out. In slow cornering the 3 blade also lost grip.
With the 4 blade, I find the boat much easier to drive especially in rough water.
I'll be talking with Brett at BBlades to see if he has labbing process for the 3 blade that will give better bit out of the hole and more top end speed on my boat.
Pat, my Mirage does the same thing!

Any chance I could borrow your Bravo toward the end of the year? I would like to try out a Bravo that's been labbed for more bow lift. I'd be happy to send you my Rev4 to try if you wanted it. Might put you on the rev limiter but it would give you an idea how they handle.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Any chance I could borrow your Bravo toward the end of the year? I would like to try out a Bravo that's been labbed for more bow lift. I'd be happy to send you my Rev4 to try if you wanted it. Might put you on the rev limiter but it would give you an idea how they handle.
Sure, that sounds like a good plan.
Let's figure late September early October...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Scott,
T-Mone and I ran your 25p Rev 4 last night.
I must say that it is a great prop for our hulls right out of the box; better than a stock B1 or any other 4 blade I've tried.
The prop carries the boat great with out trimming too far.
Top speed was good; I saw 74.5mph holding the throttle off the limiter at 5100 or so.
Anthony said he saw 80 or so. I'm sure he will comment.
Other props I tried last night included my 28p Mach stern driver and Anthony's 24p P5-X.
The Mach was OK, my boat reached 75.2 @ 4700rpm. The handling was not as good as the Rev 4 and it had a bit too much pitch.
The P-5X is the best accelerating and best in the rough. I saw 71-72 @ 5100rpm with a lot of throttle left.
We ran out of sun light before I had a chance to run my newly Labbed by BBlades 27p M+. Anthony did run it and liked it; I think he said he saw 82 at one point.

Let us know what you think of that BBlades 28p B1.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered

I thought I would update this thread. A few weeks ago I tried a labbed 28 Bravo, labbed 27 Mirage+, stock 25 Rev4 and a 25 standard Mirage that I THINK was worked at one time. I ran these props back to back.

Unfortunately I lost my sheet with cruise speeds but I remember what props did what. The 28 Bravo, 27 Mirage+ and 25 Mirage were within .2 mph! At different rpm of course. The Rev 4 was 1 mph slower but handled the best. The Bravo had the best cruise. The Mirage+ would have good cruise as long as it kept it's bite but it would lose it on occasion. Rev4 also had good cruise. Standard Mirage had the worst cruise.

Rev4 is still the best handling prop and standard Mirage is still the fastest. I have a Turbo Lightning 27 coming today I plan on trying this week.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have a Turbo Lightning 27 coming today I plan on trying this week.
Have fun and be safe.
I could not get my 24' Super on plan with a 3 blade Turbo Lightning. Not enough blade area on those outboard props.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Have fun and be safe.
I could not get my 24' Super on plan with a 3 blade Turbo Lightning. Not enough blade area on those outboard props.
I remember reading your post about the Lightning. You did get on plane but it was tough correct? It probably won't work but I got it cheap so I figured what the heck. It looks like it has more blade area than my Mirage which I do have to baby on plane. The Donzi Classic guys love them so I figured it could be a fast prop.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I remember reading your post about the Lightning. You did get on plane but it was tough correct?
It was real tough and took lots of feathering. I think I just tried to keep the rpm at 3000 until we got moving.
I ran a Turbo Vector on my 24' Pantera and that worked well.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered

It was real tough and took lots of feathering. I think I just tried to keep the rpm at 3000 until we got moving.
For the price it was worth a try. I wish Merc would come out with a 26 Rev4! Then I would be satisfied. Well, for a little while anyway!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

WOW, Pat you weren't kidding! I could not get on plane at all. It would go up to 3000 rpms than blow out, no matter how gentle I was. I tried feathering it and no luck. I don't get it because it seems to have just as much blade area as my Mirage.

I filled the vent holes and I'm going to try again. I know they are supposed to be for thru-hub exhaust only but I know someone who couldn't get on plane until he filled his and he had thru-hull only.

If it works I am going to have to eat a HUGE bowl of crow over on speedwake!