Notices

Yee Haaa

Old 08-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Sonny Bonacio

Default Re: Yee Haaa

There's always a party at Log bay! I don't know of any organized thing this weekend but I could be wrong. Big weekend, watch the noise level and don't horse around down by the village.
SB

Old 08-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Bonacio
There's always a party at Log bay! I don't know of any organized thing this weekend but I could be wrong. Big weekend, watch the noise level and don't horse around down by the village.
SB

Haha! that's part of the reason why I am going back up there. I got a ticket in late July for breaking the DB limit(95.1 vs. the 90 DB limit), I'm going to get re-tested with the silent choice on. I have stock power, so I ddin;t think I'd get in trouble, but I guess when you back into the town docks and the thru-hull bounces of the building, you create some attention from the cops.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

There is a huge party in Log Bay this weekend on Sunday. Its more of an older crowd with about 300 boats rafted off together. Mostly cruisers.but we will all be out there. They have a band play on one of the bigger cruisers. Its a real fun time. At dusk they have a parade with alot of the boats decorated up with xmas lights. They cruise all around the lake
Old 08-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys:

I'm thinking of hauling up to your neck of the woods next weekend. T-Mone was heading up for the Classic Car show and I'd thought I'd haul FT up on Saturday morning and return on Sunday some time. He stays at some cabins somewhere. I couldn't find them on-line. Anybody know where he stays? I don't have a clue as to where to go and where to put in. Help!! I could go if I get someone here in CT to help me put the boat on the trailer. I'll be taking the girlfriend with me, so I don't want to rough it too much.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Throttle 525
Hey Guys:

I'm thinking of hauling up to your neck of the woods next weekend. T-Mone was heading up for the Classic Car show and I'd thought I'd haul FT up on Saturday morning and return on Sunday some time. He stays at some cabins somewhere. I couldn't find them on-line. Anybody know where he stays? I don't have a clue as to where to go and where to put in. Help!! I could go if I get someone here in CT to help me put the boat on the trailer. I'll be taking the girlfriend with me, so I don't want to rough it too much.

There are so many places to stay up there. Lots of little cabins on/near the lake plus your manstays like Holiday Inn, Best Western, Travelodge, etc. The closest large hotels to teh lake in lake george village are the holiday inn and the Fort William Henry motor lodge. The car show is at the motor lodge, so I'm guessing it is booked up. There are tons of smaller motels. Just do a search to find them on Canada Street.

As far as launching, you can launch at Million Dollar beach in lake george. You have to back the trailer under a bridge. My old 21 checkmate fit fine, but I would be worried about your 28 footer. This ramp is free after Labor day. I use Dunhams bay boat launch, which is about 7 miles north of lake george village on the east side of the lake. $30 to launch but once you put the boat in the water, you have to go under another bridge. My 22' scarab fits fine and I have seen 24 Baja Outlaws go under it as well. I think you will be ok, but not 100% positive. The other option is Norowal Marina in Bolton Landing. It is about 10-12 miles north of the village on the west side. $44.50 to launch but no bridges to worry about. You can buy your lake george passes here as well.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Sonny Bonacio

Gladhe8er,
Sorry I forgot about the "cruiser" party. It's a good time and I did not realize it was this weekend. Worth going to.

Full Throttle,
My cell if you lost it is 518-365-4409. There are tons of places to stay and I agree, do the search I am sure you will be able to find something. I have put my 28 in at Dunams before, you JUST fit under the bridge (maybe 4" to spare) Castaways is real nice too. The owners name is John and he's a good guy. Get a map and come by, I am about 2 miles north of the village on the west side between Cramer Point and Hearthstone park. Can't miss the trampoline out front in the water, boathouse is brown with Green trim. I got a message from Morgan and I think he's coming up too, call him and see if there are anymore rooms where he's going.
Pray for good weather
SB

Old 08-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Remember you guys have friend in the CMI Muffler business when and if necessary!!!!

Serious discounts to fellow Pantera Owners!!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

west side. $44.50 to launch

that ought to keep out the riff raff
I thought $3.00 pissed me off at lanier
Old 08-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Sonny:

I heard from Anthony Mone and he had a cancellation. So I'm going to run up on Friday night late and hang with him. We'll probably put the boats in on Saturday. Hope to see if we can all get together.

Hope weather is good.

Ron
Old 08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

Weather is going to suck. I think I am leaving the boat home in Ct now. If I get the itch to go out, I can use my fathers 21 checkmate(all black with red/white stripes), 225 Merc.

Quick Reply: Yee Haaa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.