Need some opinions >

Need some opinions

Notices

Need some opinions

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

wet, where do you boat, how do you boat/what do you want out of the boat, and what are you looking to spend?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera24
WetDream both Pantera and Powerplay are awesome boats.
I've had 3 Pantera's 2-24's and 1-28'.
My first Pantera a 1985 24' actually ended up in Lousiana in Seidell (sp?) I think. It now has a 540 talldeck and runs in the 90's....damn I miss that boat.
If you know who bought it maybe I can track it down for you. If it is still here odf course. I always get a kick out of seeing the boats Ive owned show up on the lake or on the river. Kind of nastalgic
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

This is reaserch....man... what better way to find out the inner most mystic of a particular boat than getting in touch with as many owners as possible. sure I can get draft and fuel economy, capacities and all that stuff. But unless you get into the head of a acutal owner (in this case a Pantera owner) then it is all just stats. Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if there isn't a beautfil boat in the eye of this beholder then we move on to the next one. Until you find the one that knocks you on your bum. The Powerplay is a great boat but with things happening as of late with the company, a 32 footer blowing in half on the lake a couple of months ago and if the Power Play will be able to get back on its feet. Makes you wonder.

98560]There are alot of threads on here comparing the 28 Pantera to all the 28ft boats. A poll rated Pantera as the best handling 28ft boat you can buy. Do some research man....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hlight=pantera

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...0&pagenumber=1

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=pantera+poll

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=pantera+poll

I think you may find Pantera to be a better boat, but thenagain beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and since I've never beholded one I really don't know. Never heard of anything bad about the PowerPlay...which tells me they are a good boat.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Wet Dream; 04-21-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Now thats the stuff I'm talking about. I can see myself in a situation like that. Thanks Joe, I will definatly be around. Hope you had a fun run.
Originally Posted by joepaws
hey wet, just wanted to let u know that i have a 36' pantera. it is an unbelievable boat. it handles ruff water unbelievably. as far as calm water, it's very responsive,fast,handles great. i dont have 1 complaint about the boat. the guys from pantera are such great guys. they know all there customers, they stand by there product,they really love what the do.they have gone over and above for me anytime i needed. jo also took me out in some big water to show me what my boat could do. we were in some 4 - 5 footers and let me just tell you... i should have wore a diaper. we were skimmin over waves almost 80mph and he wanted to push and i made him slow down. on great days i have had it a hair over 90mph on gps. i go on alot of poker runs and the boat is fine. i will be taking it on a run this weekend actually, from ft lauderdale to key west. should be a great time as usual. anyway i cant say enough good things about this boat and the guys from pantera. hope this helps you. e mail me anytime if u want to talk.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
wet, where do you boat, how do you boat/what do you want out of the boat, and what are you looking to spend?
Hi Stormy, I boat in Lake Ponchatrain, Lake Maurapas, the infamous Tickfaw River and around and about the area. When I can squeeze it in, I try to get to Destin or Sarasota. As far as how I boat, I don't cut it any slack. It can't be a boat that you gotta pamper ( I had a 24' Fountain like that).The spending isn't really a factor provided I find what i'm looking for. The Scarrabs Ive owned wearn't nessarily given to me either ( a Thunder and a Panther). Around 70k give or take a few. Unless of course I find somthing to good to pass up,... well.... I want a boat that is fast or at least has the potential, great cockpit space and descent seating. somthing that will take the roughest water possible (realisticly) and of course the most comfortable ride possible. The Powerplay cockpit is a little bit cramped and the guauges are spread out over the wind breaker. I like the cockpit of the Pantera and the console looks easy to read at a glance. I can't really compare cabins. How does the Pantera ride with a full load and fully fueled. Say for a poker run. Say for the Tickfaw 200?

Last edited by Wet Dream; 04-21-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

what do you guys think of the Sonic 31SS
Old 04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Don't they have a 25 or 26 degree deadrise.

Good rough water boat with plenty of cockpit and cabin space. I also think that active thunder did a good job of copying their windshield.

Resale is not too good.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Registered

wet dream- sent you a PM
Attached Thumbnails Need some opinions-pantera-small-.jpg