Need some opinions >

Need some opinions

Notices

Need some opinions

Old 04-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some opinions

I am about ready to start hunting for a 32'. Right now it is a toss up between the PowerPlay and the Pantera. Any kind of objective opinions will be greatly appreciated. You realy don't see Pantera's here in Louisiana and I havn't seen any during the poker runs so it is hard to realy compare the two. What chall think?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

pantera does not make a 32 footer . they make a 24,28,35,36,41 footer
Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

Pantera makes a 28 and a 36. Granted the 28 rides like a 32.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Pantera makes a 28 and a 36. Granted the 28 rides like a 32.
All right then let just compare the Powerplay to a Pantera regardless of size. I realized after the thread that there is no 32. But what about 28's.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

5ft is a big difference.
Hard to compare.
both real sweet boats, can't go wrong w/ either.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

I think the Pantera's look alot better/classier. I also think that Pantera has a better overall reputation - although thats mostly all from heresay here on OSO. I've never seen a Powerplay up close. There is a great looking customized 28 Saber just listed in the Saber form for $42K. Looks like a good deal, but maybe a little slow.

Stormrider - thanks for the trade advice - I will hold out for a pantera.

Ya know, to be fair - might as well post the same thread in the Powerplay forum.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 04-18-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

comparing to the pics Ive seen here in the OSO and in other sights, the powerplay and the pantera are similar in alot of ways in design. How would a 28' or a 36' pantera hold up to say a poker run or a race sitiuation in variable seas. How is the ride? how does the boat react to calm water. what conditions does it ride and perform the best? These are the questions that plagues every boater looking to step up. I'm glad the OSO has these forums so a guy can get thrown a bone now and then.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wet Dream
comparing to the pics Ive seen here in the OSO and in other sights, the powerplay and the pantera are similar in alot of ways in design. How would a 28' or a 36' pantera hold up to say a poker run or a race sitiuation in variable seas. How is the ride? how does the boat react to calm water. what conditions does it ride and perform the best? These are the questions that plagues every boater looking to step up. I'm glad the OSO has these forums so a guy can get thrown a bone now and then.
WetDream both Pantera and Powerplay are awesome boats.
I've had 3 Pantera's 2-24's and 1-28'.
My first Pantera a 1985 24' actually ended up in Lousiana in Seidell (sp?) I think. It now has a 540 talldeck and runs in the 90's....damn I miss that boat.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

There are alot of threads on here comparing the 28 Pantera to all the 28ft boats. A poll rated Pantera as the best handling 28ft boat you can buy. Do some research man....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hlight=pantera

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...0&pagenumber=1

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=pantera+poll

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=pantera+poll

I think you may find Pantera to be a better boat, but thenagain beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and since I've never beholded one I really don't know. Never heard of anything bad about the PowerPlay...which tells me they are a good boat.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 04-18-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wet Dream
hey wet, just wanted to let u know that i have a 36' pantera. it is an unbelievable boat. it handles ruff water unbelievably. as far as calm water, it's very responsive,fast,handles great. i dont have 1 complaint about the boat. the guys from pantera are such great guys. they know all there customers, they stand by there product,they really love what the do.they have gone over and above for me anytime i needed. jo also took me out in some big water to show me what my boat could do. we were in some 4 - 5 footers and let me just tell you... i should have wore a diaper. we were skimmin over waves almost 80mph and he wanted to push and i made him slow down. on great days i have had it a hair over 90mph on gps. i go on alot of poker runs and the boat is fine. i will be taking it on a run this weekend actually, from ft lauderdale to key west. should be a great time as usual. anyway i cant say enough good things about this boat and the guys from pantera. hope this helps you. e mail me anytime if u want to talk.

Quick Reply: Need some opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.