a little hop up for my 28 >

a little hop up for my 28

Notices

a little hop up for my 28

Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
If that is the only problem ya have, you will laugh at it later.............Plus ya forget all the grief when ya push the stick and it lays ya back in the seat.............lookin good
My typing skills won't allow me tell you all the details.
Here is a nice example. Couldn't find my starter, so what to do>>> go get a better one. As I investigate the setr up on the gears and what not I discover there is no way for me to check it or confirm and adjustments I may make. So I made this access hole. I hated to do it "less" than pulling the mtr and removing the bell housing
I hope it's not a big deal
Attached Thumbnails a little hop up for my 28-p6110003.jpg   a little hop up for my 28-p6110002.jpg  
Old 06-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

OK...... I checked the alignment tool against another one this morining. Same size. I also slipped it in another coupler and it works. Apparently my coupler is worn and the teeth grew??
Anyway removed the engine again( so much for the hole I just board for the starter tooth access) , after work and replaced the coupler and reinstalled. I checked it again and bingo was his name o'
Now I can finish this job
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

nothin better feeling than finding and fixin the problem.
Way to go tom.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally Tom!!! good news is the best news...
Old 06-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

Hey Tom , Did you get her wet yet?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Registered

I wish.
I keep running into little set backs. Needed new type of water pump to accomidate oil pan and re routing of hoses. Now the belt and hose is too short. Tried to find liquid teflon yesterday and parts store was out, couldn't set my fittings in the pump either also still waiting on a fitting for my fuel pump line.
It seems like it's always something. A few changed items had a domino effect.
I am pretty close though
Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Gold Member

That sucks Tom, thank god I live in the offshore capital of the world.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

mounted the drive tonight. She went right in (thank goodness that's over)
Albert,
I was first turned on to offshore boats when I was a kid. We lived in Fort Lauderdale on a canal. NE 41st st. I use to run outside with my mom's camara and take pics of the bad rides that would go by the house. It was an Instant Adiction!!

Last edited by tomcei; 06-14-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

After all kinds of little set backs and a family vacation, I got it wet.
Went out yesterday to test the boat. Had a few issues like a leaking fuel press guage, and the coil wire poped off. Man that made my heart skip when I was running and the engine died
My gps was acting up. It would bounce around and then drop to zero. Sometimes it would just stop climbing, then when backing off the stick it would jump up to where you thought it should have been. I'm going to move my antena before I go back out,(work fine last year) today w/ wife.
Honestly though, I couldn't tell much differents between the last engine and this one. I know that seem crazy but without some accurate gps I just couldn't tell.
It sounds great with lots of pop to the cam, pulls good, but as far as pulling right to 6k didn't happen. It may have crept up there if I played with the trim but I didn't want to hold it too long. 3 people and full tank. It would turn to 5k a little faster than it used to and then bump the trim and it would go to 5500 pretty nice. (gps was like on 50??) I pulled back to about 5k and the gps poped to mid 70's but not sure what that proves.
I was expecting a little more out of it to be honest. I thought it would pull right to 6 k like it did to 5k or 5,500
I do need to fix the gps problem before
I complain too much. It has been 10 month sence I ran the boat. Maybe my antisapation and expectations were a little too high.
Comments welcome
Old 07-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

tom
congrats on at least getting it wet

Quick Reply: a little hop up for my 28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.