Registered

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

title,........we don't need no stink'n title
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
title,........we don't need no stink'n title
they're trying to pass legislation in TN right now to require titles on boats. Sounds like just another way for the gov't to make some more money on us. At least we don't have to pay our wheel tax on trailers (yet).
Old 11-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Thanks guys,

Python82 - look at the Southcentral board - there is a guy looking for history on pythons and thinking of buying. I mentioned that yours might be for sale........

Can't wait for the summer........with no flooding I hope. It will be interesting to actually compare the 28 apache and pantera instead of just debating about it.
Welcome to the tribe. Where are the pics?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Welcome to the tribe. Where are the pics?
Its the one listed on OSO http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18918-en.html
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a Pantera-18918_1.jpg   Looking for a Pantera-18918_4.jpg  
Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Texoma congrats, does yours have any stress cracks anywhere on it? Went and looked at the one in Florida last weekend, it is rough.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

I am aware of the fact that, like most boats, the 28 apache is not indestructable. In fact the only 28ft boat I know of that has never had any structural issues is the 28 pantera (maybe an AT, just never researched). To answer your question..........I'm not 100% sure. I'm still slightly holding my breath until it gets here. Normally I wouldn't do that, but I didn't have the funds to go see it. Even if it did have bad stress/structural cracks - I could still get out of it for what I have in it. I did have it surveyed, and there was no report of any stress cracks, but he did mention that there were some small cracks in the paint, mostly in the cockpit around the fastners, which were cosmetic......I hope. This is really nothing I wouldn't expect out of an original 1990 offshore boat. Often it has more to do with the paint wearing down, rather than the structural integrity of the boat. My surveyor had the pleasure of surveying another 28 apache just before mine and it was in rough shape, or so he said. May have been the same boat. I know it was an OSO members boat that is currently for sale......... According to the surveyor, mine was a gem, compared to all the ones he has seen. I think that some people get it in there head that because its an apache that its a tank......WRONG, its a 28 apache - not a 41. Also keep in mind that my apache only has around 225 total hours, which is way, way low for a 1990 boat. I also had info from the previous buyer, whom did not run it hard and only ran it in freshwater. Most every 28 apache I have seen looks like it was put through the ringer, except mine. I would not have even considered it if it weren't for all the pluses........the apache name, low, low hours, fresh rebuild, red dash, mostly freshwater, not abused, and a low, low price. Send me your email and I will be more than happy to forward you a copy of my survey so that you can compare with other 28 apaches. Originally the surveyor left on some horrible descriptions of the other 28 apache because he copied and pasted it. He admited to the mistake and re-issued the report. I almost dropped the deal because of it. Imagine how pissed the owner was.

I'm not rich, so if you've got a real hard on - make me an offer

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 11-13-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Texoma my email is [email protected]
Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered

If anyone is interested, I'm going to sell my '80 24ft Pantera Sport. Nothing serious, I have some personal and family issues that came up and I need to free up some cash.

Also, I just never seem to have time to work on her. I'm thinking I need to step into a newer one when I'm ready in a year or so.

Subsequently, I'll be in Japan after the 1st for work, and possible going to Australia for most/part of the summer.

I'm not super modivated to sell, but I thought if someone out there has some time and wants a great boat, I'd let her go.
$10k
Thanks,
Troy
Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robltc
If anyone is interested, I'm going to sell my '80 24ft Pantera Sport. Nothing serious, I have some personal and family issues that came up and I need to free up some cash.

Also, I just never seem to have time to work on her. I'm thinking I need to step into a newer one when I'm ready in a year or so.

Subsequently, I'll be in Japan after the 1st for work, and possible going to Australia for most/part of the summer.

I'm not super modivated to sell, but I thought if someone out there has some time and wants a great boat, I'd let her go.
$10k
Thanks,
Troy
Do you have some pics of it? Cabin, cockpit, engineroom, exterior etc...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

I'll get pics tomorrow or this weekend and post them. The boat is stored 1.5 hrs away in one of our shops.

I have the boat on a dolly that I built so I could work on the trailer and replace the rollers, rewire, repaint etc... I've ordered all new rollers for the trailer and will have those installed too. ...and its just been winterized.

Right now its just collecting dust cause I never have time nor the place nearby where I work/live to work on the boat and enjoy it.

Last edited by robltc; 11-14-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Pantera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.